Exhaust matter

Ahmad Zahir Saini

Just checking with you guys here if the installation of aftermarket exhaust system of 2 different makes and models illegal? When I sent my car for inspection last saturday at vicom yishun, the inspector failed my exhaust system despite showing the certificates. He explained that my car was fitted with a hks gt extension and a trust exhaust and silencer. When he scrutinised the certificates, he told me that only the hks gt extension was approved since it was the lastest add-on and it supersede the installation of the latter which was fitted to my ride at an earlier date than the hks.

dvp

Ahmad Zahir Saini said:
Just checking with you guys here if the installation of aftermarket exhaust system of 2 different makes and models illegal? When I sent my car for inspection last saturday at vicom yishun, the inspector failed my exhaust system despite showing the certificates. He explained that my car was fitted with a hks gt extension and a trust exhaust and silencer. When he scrutinised the certificates, he told me that only the hks gt extension was approved since it was the lastest add-on and it supersede the installation of the latter which was fitted to my ride at an earlier date than the hks.

U should note down that inspector's name n lodge a complain
The hks gt extension kit is for the downpipe while the Trust replaces your stock exhaust
Totally separate issue
He must have mistaken your gt extension kit to be the exhaust tailend system

Ahmad Zahir Saini

dvp said:
Ahmad Zahir Saini said:

U should note down that inspector's name n lodge a complain
The hks gt extension kit is for the downpipe while the Trust replaces your stock exhaust
Totally separate issue
He must have mistaken your gt extension kit to be the exhaust tailend system

I called lta this morning and the officer, mr. Guna "something" from vehicle engineering division said the same thing. Headache.. Anyway i m going to man exhaust tmr for his assistance. Road tax has expired for 2 days already and still cannot renew due to this problem. Anyway I m the new owner of flash jnr.

Ahmad Zahir Saini

Ahmad Zahir Saini said:
khaychun said:
Am i right to assume u have 2 certs? 1 for gt extension kit and 1 for exos?

Yes. 2 certs. Trust fitted in 2011 and hks in 2012

Seem like not many people is aware of this guideline even the workshops that i spoke to. But it was spelt out clearly in lta website under modification that needs lta approval, guidelines for the installation of aftermarket exhaust system.

dvp

Ahmad Zahir Saini said:
Ahmad Zahir Saini said:
khaychun said:
Am i right to assume u have 2 certs? 1 for gt extension kit and 1 for exos?

Yes. 2 certs. Trust fitted in 2011 and hks in 2012

Seem like not many people is aware of this guideline even the workshops that i spoke to. But it was spelt out clearly in lta website under modification that needs lta approval, guidelines for the installation of aftermarket exhaust system.

i went for my inspection in december with two certs (they were certified & installed on different days) & passed.
give garage r a call m they'll be able to assist you.

Ahmad Zahir Saini

Dvp, Are ur 2 certs. for 2 different parts of the same make/model? Example : both hks ? Then no issue. Anyway i have already cleared my exhaust inspection problem this afternoon with the help of AMAN from MAN EXHAUST. What a relief. Maybe next time I'll get ur help. Thks . James, the previous owner of my current ride spoke highly of ur knowledge of everthing abt evos.

dvp

Ahmad Zahir Saini said:
Dvp, Are ur 2 certs. for 2 different parts of the same make/model? Example : both hks ? Then no issue. Anyway i have already cleared my exhaust inspection problem this afternoon with the help of AMAN from MAN EXHAUST. What a relief. Maybe next time I'll get ur help. Thks . James, the previous owner of my current ride spoke highly of ur knowledge of everthing abt evos.

My 2 certs are of different brands
U bought a well maintained ride
:)

Ahmad Zahir Saini

dvp said:
Ahmad Zahir Saini said:

My 2 certs are of different brands
U bought a well maintained ride
:)

Then the authority is inconsistent in regards to their modification guidelines. Or maybe they depends on MOOD.