zeal coilover

Hi can anybody advise isit true that zeal coilover after four to five months it will have the knock knock sound and it is normal?

Any suspension with pillar mounts will have knocking sound after 6 to 9 mths of used. 8 out of 10 will have such sounds. With evo weighing ard 1.4 tonne, it makes such problems surface even faster. Those who didn't experience such problem are damn lucky bastards.

Hope this answer your problem.

Strangezz

timqz said:
my hks gym pro use 1 yrs plus no sound at all...lol..but sell liao...my friend's zeal also use 1 yr plus no sound
The two of you part of the lucky few lor! :D

Its really see heng suay one! U so heng must follow you buy 4D liao! keke

bananasg

my zeal oso no sound...

the only sound came when u sat in my car....guess u r a tad on the weighty side bro...hahaha...;p

strangezz said:
timqz said:
my hks gym pro use 1 yrs plus no sound at all...lol..but sell liao...my friend's zeal also use 1 yr plus no sound

My zeal also no sound too. but my hks had sound.

bananasg said:
my zeal oso no sound...

the only sound came when u sat in my car....guess u r a tad on the weighty side bro...hahaha...;p

strangezz said:
timqz said:

Just curious as a soon to be Evo owner.....wat's the price like for the Zeal coilovers & where to get them?

Heard Aragosta (spelling??) is pretty good as well....any ideas on the cost?

Strangezz

ArchAngel said:
Just curious as a soon to be Evo owner.....wat's the price like for the Zeal coilovers & where to get them?

Heard Aragosta (spelling??) is pretty good as well....any ideas on the cost?
I think both suspensions got different range of products from $3000+ to S10,000+ depending on your needs.

Zeal can get from MB Performance.

Aragosta can get from ST Powered.

:)

$10k for coilovers!! OMG!! Cant afford anything near that...hehe.

Wld HKS absorbers be good enough? Considering since they are ard 3k plus for the Hypermax....

ArchAngel said:

Wld HKS absorbers be good enough? Considering since they are ard 3k plus for the Hypermax....
I recommend that you pay abit more to get the Hipermax Pro pfr so that you can adjust the ride height without preloading the springs.

Strangezz

ArchAngel said:

$10k are for those really top end models bro. The entry level Aragostas and Zeals should be in the 3-4K bracket.

If you plan to go really hardcore on track, i wouldn't recommend the Hipermax Pro or entry level suspensions. You will just end up spending more money changing to the higher grade ones! :twisted:

masschaoz

strangezz said:
ArchAngel said:

$10k are for those really top end models bro. The entry level Aragostas and Zeals should be in the 3-4K bracket.

If you plan to go really hardcore on track, i wouldn't recommend the Hipermax Pro or entry level suspensions. You will just end up spending more money changing to the higher grade ones! :twisted:
ideal case is to have one set for normal daily driving usage n one good one for track right?? hehe..

Wow...i dun have the dough to keep one for track & one for road use leh....so i must get something to compromise for occasional track use. Seems the entry level Aragosta (ard $4200 was quoted) or KW Varient 3 might suit my needs? Anyone tried those b4?

ArchAngel said:
Wow...i dun have the dough to keep one for track & one for road use leh....so i must get something to compromise for occasional track use. Seems the entry level Aragosta (ard $4200 was quoted) or KW Varient 3 might suit my needs? Anyone tried those b4?
I'm currently using the aragosta entry level, after 3 mths got knocking sound... Sigh...

[email protected]@rt~ said:
ArchAngel said:
I'm currently using the aragosta entry level, after 3 mths got knocking sound... Sigh...
Sorry to hear that....cos i was abt to consider that as well. Might Pm me how much u bought it for? Wanna compare prices agst the Zeal or Hypermax Pro.

[email protected]@rt~ said:
ArchAngel said:
Your knocking sound is from rear or front?? Sound appear when turning slowly???

VWee

strangezz said:
masschaoz said:
ideal case is to have one set for normal daily driving usage n one good one for track right?? hehe..
Yah man!!! I still waiting for Kai to lend me his money printer!! :D
err.....ideal? not have 1 track evo and 1 road evo at same time meh? :D