You have been STOMPED!

Privateer

Well we don't know if he really is a forumer here, but I wouldn't say he won't be caught. It just depends on how badly the people in power want to get him and make an example out of it.

Firstly, there is the ERP IU which is unique. Secondly, the PIE has cameras and the resolution is high enough to see the driver. Third, how many gunmetal gray Evo 8/9 MR GSR with Evo 9 bumper and Apexi exhaust still on the roads?

BTW upon closer look at the posted image it may be that the plates have been blanked out... Evo 9 bumper does not have license plate frame. Maybe the guy who took the photo buay song about some incident earlier so wanted to get back at him, but can't be so obvious to post the plate number. Thus using the excuse that there was no plate on the car. And if I'm the guy who drove the car I won't be so stupid as to put a blank plate with no number on it. Might as well just leave it bare since the charge will be the same.

j-sho

Privateer said:
Well we don't know if he really is a forumer here, but I wouldn't say he won't be caught. It just depends on how badly the people in power want to get him and make an example out of it.

Firstly, there is the ERP IU which is unique. Secondly, the PIE has cameras and the resolution is high enough to see the driver. Third, how many gunmetal gray Evo 8/9 MR GSR with Evo 9 bumper and Apexi exhaust still on the roads?

BTW upon closer look at the posted image it may be that the plates have been blanked out... Evo 9 bumper does not have license plate frame. Maybe the guy who took the photo buay song about some incident earlier so wanted to get back at him, but can't be so obvious to post the plate number. Thus using the excuse that there was no plate on the car. And if I'm the guy who drove the car I won't be so stupid as to put a blank plate with no number on it. Might as well just leave it bare since the charge will be the same.

agree with u on the ERP thingy but I dun think the highway cameras are that high resolution to be able to see a person's face on their control centers...i might be wrong but i believe the cameras on highway are not mega pixel cameras which will probably do a better job on the resolution part...

AhBao9388

i think i saw tis car b4 keekee... he has tis smoke screen stick onto the plate. from a certain angle u wouldnt be able to capture the carplate at all... u mus go near to his backside then can c. y i noe? coz i veri kpo i went to pok his backside haha. and he is quite a chiongster keekee zippy on the road :D

j-sho said:
Privateer said:

agree with u on the ERP thingy but I dun think the highway cameras are that high resolution to be able to see a person's face on their control centers...i might be wrong but i believe the cameras on highway are not mega pixel cameras which will probably do a better job on the resolution part...

bro, i attended traffic police courses before on accumulating more than 24 demerit points.... and in one of the subjects taught, they did show highway cameras able to even zoom in on the brand of the logo on your shirt pocket!

Lmodel

It is true that Traffic Police Speed Cam is capable of capturing the face of the driver due to its high resolution camera.

However, it is not the case of ERP cam. Furthermore, ERP cam only capture the rear number plate of a vehicle and thus, they have no requirement to know the particulars of the driver.

Irregardless of the Speed Camera or ERP Camera, they are only activated upon breaking the speed limit for the earlier and having insufficient value or no cashcard for the latter.

Privateer

We're talking about the regular traffic monitoring cams, not ERP cams. These regular cams are also used to detect motorists who stop at the side of the road before the ERP gantry.

masschaoz

digging this post up cos dun understand what this evo owner is thinking..met him once on the road.. few days later saw same ride at golden landmark.. rear plate is smoked up like what ah bao mentioned.. only close up then can see.. front.. no licence plate at all.. makes things easier for hit n run i guess.. but kinda of irresponsible to be doing this.. young chap or prob he juz looks young..

Lmodel

I think it is more for eluding speed cams rather than hit-and-run.

Unlike a Toyota Altis where they have got many similar colors plying the road, the number of say a E8 or E9 Gunmetal is quite limited on Singapore roads. It would not be too hard for the police to track down the vehicle in the event of a hit-and-run. Also, all workshops will be notified to keep alookout for any similar color and models coming for accident repair.