Will we see a swing this election? It's everyone's guess!

lanchiaolang

The pictures were taken at Hougang's site where the PAP and WP underdogs held their rally...... a world of difference in crowd size.... what do u think?

PAP's on 1st May 2006

WP's on 30 April 2006

JudgeJules

Staff member
I believe there will be a hard fight. Can see the PAP is a bit kan cheong this year. They attack what ever little fault the oppositions have like the James Gomez case. But James also a bit careless. I think Mr Low might not be too happy with him.... :roll:

DoggieHowser

Staff member
Actually been told this is a normal occurrence.

WP/opposition rallies have always been massively packed. It's just that local media never show it. Instead choosing to show the small numbers either before or after the rally.

But the strength in numbers doesn't always translate to votes. Heard that some people travel great distances to hear these guys speak. Most of the people in the crowd probably don't get to vote anyway.

And I guess the PAP must probably still be worried, to have to use a May Day rally speech as a political platform :)

DoggieHowser said:

WP/opposition rallies have always been massively packed. It's just that local media never show it. Instead choosing to show the small numbers either before or after the rally.

But the strength in numbers doesn't always translate to votes. Heard that some people travel great distances to hear these guys speak. Most of the people in the crowd probably don't get to vote anyway.

And I guess the PAP must probably still be worried, to have to use a May Day rally speech as a political platform :)
impressed with the massive crowd.. from angle looks like a pop concert liow

lanchiaolang

The rally at Tampines today was good too. Low and Slyvia Lim won me over. Alas, my constituency was a walkover...

Jesse James said:
DoggieHowser said:

impressed with the massive crowd.. from angle looks like a pop concert liow

it's almost always been like that. opposition rallies are much more colorful in the topics.
whether the crowd go and listen because of the issue or not is another matter.
PAP rallies is like government speech, and they always say things you already know.
but for opposition, their speech got add salt, add vinegar...listen also shiok mah...

Strangezz

DoggieHowser said:
Very true lor....I know a certain Nightkidz who went to the Hougang rally and he stays in the west!!! kekeke :D

strangezz said:
DoggieHowser said:
Very true lor....I know a certain Nightkidz who went to the Hougang rally and he stays in the west!!! kekeke :D
HE?????!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
cannot tell.....

WAHAHA.. "ren shan ren hai"... KNN.. jam for an hour.. if not for the TP the let me park behind him on zigzag line.. maybe i couldnt even find a parking space.. first time meet so nice TP.. :p

lanchiaolang

Bro, go there a bit early next time.... usually 645 pm still ok one!
I travelled from my home in town all teh way Tampines SAFRA too!

nightkidz said:
WAHAHA.. "ren shan ren hai"... KNN.. jam for an hour.. if not for the TP the let me park behind him on zigzag line.. maybe i couldnt even find a parking space.. first time meet so nice TP.. :p

lanchiaolang said:
Bro, go there a bit early next time.... usually 645 pm still ok one!
I travelled from my home in town all teh way Tampines SAFRA too!
my friend reached there at 7.30pm.. 9pm then found a parking.. WAHHAAa....