What is the cost of owning an Evo?

ah_beng said:
Hey all, yes evo is still a dream car to me. A young punk like me can only look on in envy because 2.5k of money per month going to the car is still unthinkable at this point in time.

I can only manage to buy a Kia Koup, after contemplating a used Integra..figured out that I couldn't control the temptation to mod should i get a performance car.
Kia Koup will be the next big thing for local Singapore mod shops as there are going to be so many on the roads in the months to come. To begin with, its way lighter and more affordable then the only previous Korean Coupe available in the market which was the Tuscani. I think you will have much to spend.... :lol: how much is your insurance anyway?

Kiadaw

A73shy said:
ah_beng said:
Hey all, yes evo is still a dream car to me. A young punk like me can only look on in envy because 2.5k of money per month going to the car is still unthinkable at this point in time.

I can only manage to buy a Kia Koup, after contemplating a used Integra..figured out that I couldn't control the temptation to mod should i get a performance car.
Kia Koup will be the next big thing for local Singapore mod shops as there are going to be so many on the roads in the months to come. To begin with, its way lighter and more affordable then the only previous Korean Coupe available in the market which was the Tuscani. I think you will have much to spend.... :lol: how much is your insurance anyway?
Koup is nice in white & lime green. Very sporty looking, & should I said, much better interior than at least e9 & older, but then it isn't saying alot consider the "low rent" interior of last gen Evos.

Its good to start with something, & Koup is a nice choice of car. The good thing is (touchwood), you will have a healthy NCD when you change to EVO or other performance cars in future.

Anyway, the Korean have a new rocket, The Genesis. Don't play play ok, use E10 4B11T engine leh.

Hi, dug up this old post for info sake.

Let me start by telling you guys that my dream car has always been an Evo. I told myself I must own at least an Evo in my lifetime, with particular fancy for the Evo 9. Looking at the car prices and rapidly ageing Evo 9s in the market, I'm starting to fret if I can fulfill this dream of mine. Slightly disgruntled as I have just reached the point in my life when boyhood dream cars like Evo, STi or Type R is slightly within reach but it's also at the point of sunset for such cars. =/

Am currently driving a small japanese hatchback. 2006 registered. I bought it at $40k in end November. Current prices in SGcarmart is about $33k. I am considered lucky to be able to drive since I haven't officially started work life yet, but I'll be starting officially in the middle of this year.

Looking at the Evo9s avail in SGcarmart now, prices range from $70k to $80k for a decent 06/07 one. What's the best way to calculate affordability? How much am I looking at in terms of monthly expenditure and such?

And more importantly, is this an advisable move to follow my heart at this point in time? Or is it possible to wait till my car current COE ends and then I get an Evo9? I think, by the time, most would have scrapped already. That's why am a little sad that I might not own an Evo. :(

Please help advise on possible ways to achieve my dream. Thanks!