What is the cost of owning an Evo?

burnings

rl0h said:
10q bro. Considering now.. says fork out cash 15k includes insurance with 10-year loan for new GSR, probably ard 1,1k in instalment. Plus petrol & maintenance besides mods. Can I say, average 1.8k per month ? I wish to shrink down the loan repayments to 7-year & lower the cash upfront. But the instalment will b higher. Would it b ideal ?
Also thinking abt getting resale GSR/GT year of 2005 or 2006, & the OMV is very much higher i suppose.

edwardzz said:
Hi Bro
It very much depend how much you can down for the upfront cash, plus additional factors like how many years of loan you will be getting, interest rate from bank, etc.

Rougly it will range from the cost of S$1.2k - S$1.5 per month, fyi
15k cash include insurance wun get you anywhere near 1.1k instalments bro.... Itz gonna be like 1.7k, 1.8k :lol:

ghoonk said:
Here's a breakdown based on my personal experience so far:

Insurance : S$220 per month
Petrol : S$600 per month
Road Tax : $130 per month
8 oil changes per year at $120 per oil change : S$80 per month
Change gear oil, diff oil every 20k km at $350 per change: S$60 per month
Tyres (Estimating at $1,000 for 4 pcs) :S$85 per month.
Change DOT5.1 brake fluid twice a year : S$25 per month
Monthly installment : S$1.2k per month

Total Monthly Cost of Ownership : S$2,400 per month

For the experience of owning and driving a Mitsubish Evolution : Priceless.

Does not include any mods, replacement of other wear and tear parts, nor accelerated wear and tear caused by track.
oh man! only guys would pay so much for Evo! *no offense!* :D

thats y owing an evo is to all (or most) frens here a special thing! if too cheap, or too easily can buy then will not be so special anymore.

kelvinlkh said:
thats y owing an evo is to all (or most) frens here a special thing! if too cheap, or too easily can buy then will not be so special anymore.
Hey dude i agreed man as i a owner of it. To alot of driver EVO still a "dream car" to them.

nick89 said:
how about other EVO drivers, wats your cost of owning an EVO every month? Thanks...
For my E8, I bought it for AUD$39,000 imported from Japan at 24000kms.

Full comprehensive Insurance: AUD$97/ month
Petrol: Varies from AUD$100 - AUD$150 Evo is the garage queen/weekend warrior, I have a daily car.
Sevice: Approx AUD$200/ 5000km
Monthly installment: AUD$650

Its much cheaper to own and run an Evo in Australia but performance parts and labour to put them in are extremely expensive. Ok maybe parts are about the same price. Labour wise, they charge AUD$70-$90 per hour. For custom dyno tuning, its AUD$280 per hour. So yeah, I guess it evens out.

Kiadaw

AustEvo8 said:
nick89 said:
how about other EVO drivers, wats your cost of owning an EVO every month? Thanks...

Petrol: Varies from AUD$100 - AUD$150 Evo is the garage queen/weekend warrior, I have a daily car.

Its much cheaper to own and run an Evo in Australia but performance parts and labour to put them in are extremely expensive. Ok maybe parts are about the same price. Labour wise, they charge AUD$70-$90 per hour. For custom dyno tuning, its AUD$280 per hour. So yeah, I guess it evens out.
I fail to see how it even out, with every major cost being considerable cheaper. , unless you spend considerable amount of money on parts & workshop services.

Btw, hows the pump price in Australia.

I been to Australia only once, but it seems only boyracer Asians & angmoh drive Japanese import, that was in 2003. I told myself then, if I ever lived in Australia, never buy a Japanese sports car to prevent stereotyping. Haha.

Ok, it was base on just 2 weeks of tour. But I think the perception for Japanese imports & their drivers have improve now.

Anyway, I hope things have change for the better there. I was hearing stories of racism & vandalism alot.

The great ocean road is breathtaking, you must have a hell of a time driving there. :)

Kiadaw said:
I fail to see how it even out, with every major cost being considerable cheaper. , unless you spend considerable amount of money on parts & workshop services.

I been to Australia only once, but it seems only boyracer Asians & angmoh drive Japanese import, that was in 2003. I told myself then, if I ever lived in Australia, never buy a Japanese sports car to prevent stereotyping. Haha.

Ok, it was base on just 2 weeks of tour. But I think the perception for Japanese imports & their drivers have improve now.

Anyway, I hope things have change for the better there. I was hearing stories of racism & vandalism alot.

The great ocean road is breathtaking, you must have a hell of a time driving there. :)
Yeah I think owning a car is cheaper here but if you're thinking of modifying it, prepare to get chopped.

Fuel prices varies everyday with Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings being the cheapest. A month ago oil prices plunges and V-power costs AUD$1.00 a liter. Today I pump, its about AUD$1.20 per liter. Oh QLD gah-ment got subsidise petrol prices which is why its cheaper.

Oh no no bro, especially now with fuel prices rising (to Aussies lah), a lot of them are actually moving away from big 6 liter V8s to smaller, Japanese cars. Of course they have their hardcore rednecks who diss on Japanese cars till its worthless, but there are a lot of locals that are converted. You'll be very surprised at the number of Evo fans, Skyline and Silvia fans, not to mention those drift nuts. So really, most oftenly driving an Evo, I get thumbs ups and yes, chicks check Evos out too.

On racism and vandalism....I didn't really notice any on the Gold Coast. Its so multi cultural here and they're more laid back. So really, I've not encountered any racism so far. Perth I heard is quite bad I heard. Some of the smaller towns are bad too but generally its ok. I think the stories that you heard are really unfortunate cases. Its really not like that, not as bad as America.

So mai tu liao!!! Migrate here!!! :lol:

Kiadaw

AustEvo8 said:
Kiadaw said:

Yeah I think owning a car is cheaper here but if you're thinking of modifying it, prepare to get chopped.

Fuel prices varies everyday with Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings being the cheapest. A month ago oil prices plunges and V-power costs AUD$1.00 a liter. Today I pump, its about AUD$1.20 per liter. Oh QLD gah-ment got subsidise petrol prices which is why its cheaper.

Oh no no bro, especially now with fuel prices rising (to Aussies lah), a lot of them are actually moving away from big 6 liter V8s to smaller, Japanese cars. Of course they have their hardcore rednecks who diss on Japanese cars till its worthless, but there are a lot of locals that are converted. You'll be very surprised at the number of Evo fans, Skyline and Silvia fans, not to mention those drift nuts. So really, most oftenly driving an Evo, I get thumbs ups and yes, chicks check Evos out too.

On racism and vandalism....I didn't really notice any on the Gold Coast. Its so multi cultural here and they're more laid back. So really, I've not encountered any racism so far. Perth I heard is quite bad I heard. Some of the smaller towns are bad too but generally its ok. I think the stories that you heard are really unfortunate cases. Its really not like that, not as bad as America.

So mai tu liao!!! Migrate here!!! :lol:
Thanks, haha. Actually I kinda like Australia, but my heart is set for a return to England. With luck, & improve economy, I could be on an Island between the size of Singapore & Australia soon.

But the pump price in U.K is damn high....If not for the drop in Sterling ( & the fact that the company pay for my fuel), I could be stuck eating bread for my meals.....Actually I eat bread for most of my meals, as I love the conviences...haha.

Kiadaw said:
Thanks, haha. Actually I kinda like Australia, but my heart is set for a return to England. With luck, & improve economy, I could be on an Island between the size of Singapore & Australia soon.

But the pump price in U.K is damn high....If not for the drop in Sterling ( & the fact that the company pay for my fuel), I could be stuck eating bread for my meals.....Actually I eat bread for most of my meals, as I love the conviences...haha.
Haha I should've guessed judging from your sig. LOL.

Yes England right now is not that good due to the economic downturn but it'll pick up again. Then you can go there and buy your FQ360! :D

Hi bros, I am new to this forum.

Just want to check out from here what is the rough/estimate cost of owning and maintianing a EVO X (SST) PI vs C&C in Spore? per month.

For example, if i take full loan as a guide. :?:

Thanks.

For me i drive an e8 in Macau. i bought my car 2nd hand ard sgd36k at 50000km for full payment. Fully stock condition.
Road tax in macau for 2000cc is about sgd300 per year.
Im 24 this year and got my licence since im 22. 2 years driving exp and insurance here for me is sgd 800 per year :lol:
Next year im 25 and have 3years driving exp, my insurance next year will drop to sgd 300.

Kiadaw

st3893 said:
For me i drive an e8 in Macau. i bought my car 2nd hand ard sgd36k at 50000km for full payment. Fully stock condition.
Road tax in macau for 2000cc is about sgd300 per year.
Im 24 this year and got my licence since im 22. 2 years driving exp and insurance here for me is sgd 800 per year :lol:
Next year im 25 and have 3years driving exp, my insurance next year will drop to sgd 300.

I was trying to find something that is more expensive from all your costs (tax, insurance, car price) than Singapore. I fail to find one.

But wait, does petrol cost more than sgd2.5 per litre. Does season Parking is more than sgd90? We need something to let us feel better.

burnings

Akiyo said:

Just want to check out from here what is the rough/estimate cost of owning and maintianing a EVO X (SST) PI vs C&C in Spore? per month.

Thanks.
dun think that u can get a full loan but assuming that u can, my guess would be somewhere in e region of 1.1 to 1.3k every month without petrol n misc.

AustEvo8 said:
nick89 said:

I find this interesting to note because for us, the cost of mods relative to cost of car is very high thus the incentive is to buy a better car (with warranty) rather than to mod your own. For example my Civic FD1 only costs around $25k AUD now whereas it still costs around $70k SGD! A $5k mod of turbocharger/tuning is quite big for us but it's very small relative to the cost in Singapore.

On another note, my Evo X MR fully loaded was under $70k AUD whereas it retails for $160k SGD from memory? Crazy.

burnings said:
Akiyo said:

Thanks.
dun think that u can get a full loan but assuming that u can, my guess would be somewhere in e region of 1.1 to 1.3k every month without petrol n misc.
Hi bro,
u mean that even if I get from PI, i also can't apply for full loan if I want to? :roll:

How strict are they with lending criteria in S'pore anyway? I'd imagine an Evo X has a higher risk of accident/write off too!

On another note, I wonder how many ppl borrow money to finance their car in Singapore... especially considering high price. Unless there are tax advantages (for us this is through leasing incentives) then I'd be surprised that people would want to highly gear the purchase of something which does not necessarily generate income.

Hey all, yes evo is still a dream car to me. A young punk like me can only look on in envy because 2.5k of money per month going to the car is still unthinkable at this point in time.

I can only manage to buy a Kia Koup, after contemplating a used Integra..figured out that I couldn't control the temptation to mod should i get a performance car.