What is the cost of owning an Evo?

ghoonk

Here's a breakdown based on my personal experience so far:

Insurance : S$220 per month
Petrol : S$600 per month
Road Tax : $130 per month
8 oil changes per year at $120 per oil change : S$80 per month
Change gear oil, diff oil every 20k km at $350 per change: S$60 per month
Tyres (Estimating at $1,000 for 4 pcs) :S$85 per month.
Change DOT5.1 brake fluid twice a year : S$25 per month
Monthly installment : S$1.2k per month

Total Monthly Cost of Ownership : S$2,400 per month

For the experience of owning and driving a Mitsubish Evolution : Priceless.

Does not include any mods, replacement of other wear and tear parts, nor accelerated wear and tear caused by track.

ghoonk

Jesse James said:
so much for fuel?
8 oil changes a year- u go track often?
oil change for the evo is every 5000 km, as stated in the owners manual. I drive 40k km a year, so that makes 8 oil changes. for trackees, that would be more than 8 oil changes.

as for hittign 40000 km in year, that's not hard when you have an evo, cos you'll just be looking for excuses to drive out. i'd be out every night delivering tofu to NUH if i lived where you live.

ghoonk said:

Parking & summons???

U forget something every

Does not include any mods, replacement of other wear and tear parts, nor accelerated wear and tear caused by track.

ghoonk said:

how about other EVO drivers, wats your cost of owning an EVO every month? Thanks...

A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN JUST 2.4K

The average EVO owner spends between 25K to 50K to do up their Baby once they get one within the first couple of years. Although most EVO owners I know here in Singapore have spent close to 100K modifying their rides. Don't forget, a lot of the stuff you get on the Stock Evo is basicly useless. eg:

1. Exhaust
2. Down pipe
3. Clutch
4. Air filter
5. ECU
6. Boost Controler
7. Fuel regulater
8. Fuel pump
9. Suspention
10. CAMS
11. Intercooler
12. brakes
13. Gauges

And these are only basic mods which will already cost you around 30K. and believe me once you got an evo, even if you don't want to do these mods, your instict will not allow it. Beacuse you'll really feel like an idiot when another EVO pulls up next to you on the trafic light and then sees you away like you're in a Wolks Wagen beetle.

And don't foget, none of these mods can be insured so if you have an accident the insurance will not pay.

Belive me, these mods are virtually inevitable so you better make sure u can afford them.

ta221

Re: A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN JUST 2.4K

Road Runner said:
The average EVO owner spends between 25K to 50K to do up their Baby once they get one within the first couple of years. Although most EVO owners I know here in Singapore have spent close to 100K modifying their rides. Don't forget, a lot of the stuff you get on the Stock Evo is basicly useless. eg:

1. Exhaust
2. Down pipe
3. Clutch
4. Air filter
5. ECU
6. Boost Controler
7. Fuel regulater
8. Fuel pump
9. Suspention
10. CAMS
11. Intercooler
12. brakes
13. Gauges

And these are only basic mods which will already cost you around 30K. and believe me once you got an evo, even if you don't want to do these mods, your instict will not allow it. Beacuse you'll really feel like an idiot when another EVO pulls up next to you on the trafic light and then sees you away like you're in a Wolks Wagen beetle.

And don't foget, none of these mods can be insured so if you have an accident the insurance will not pay.

Belive me, these mods are virtually inevitable so you better make sure u can afford them.
Mmmmm, just realised that quite a few of us are sub-average/normal owners :-(

tomorrow I will call up the importer and ask why he sold me a car with so many useless stuff, maybe i can get a refund.... :), in fact i am very worried now and not too sure if it's safe to drive my car tomorrow since it's got these useless things in it.....

next I will see the doc to check if i am mentally ok coz i lack the instinct to do the inevitable mods.....

maybe i am worst than an idiot:- coz every cars which pulls away from me at the green light doesn't really bother me a bit... am i retarded? :-(

my story is indeed a sad one............

(just kidding, sunday night is always a bit boring, coz gotta go back to work tomorrow......... kekeke)

Try the LANCER

ta221

Mitsubishi's got a model called the "LANCER". You should seriously check it out cuz it seems more like what you should be driving :lol: :lol: :lol:

ta221

Re: Try the LANCER

Road Runner said:
ta221

Mitsubishi's got a model called the "LANCER". You should seriously check it out cuz it seems more like what you should be driving :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes, yes....... :) ...... with the Lancer, chances are I can have a good excuse with the driver behind even if I hog the road

JiaoTaChe

Staff member

ta221 said:
yes, yes....... :) ...... with the Lancer, chances are I can have a good excuse with the driver behind even if I hog the road
Whaha then there a lot of stockie "lancer" running ard in Spore!
i rather be late than never hahahaha when kopi at serangoon?
:D :D :D

ta221

JiaoTaChe said:
ta221 said:
Whaha then there a lot of stockie "lancer" running ard in Spore!
i rather be late than never hahahaha when kopi at serangoon?
:D :D :D
sms leh, long time no catchup liao....... :) may need your help selling my place

ghoonk said:

>>>>>>>>>>

Hi all Im new in here and havent get my car yet as im still waiting for my finance to be approved.( current car is an old Honda Civic ESI slow one dont worry )
I am near 40 years old my with 10 years expirence on class 3 and dont have any NCB,i was quoted by a my salesman that my insurace will be $5k plus.I see you paying your insurance is $220 per mth thats mean $2640 per annum,so is my insurance too high?
please enlighten me thanks.

burnings

DgenarationX said:
ghoonk said:

>>>>>>>>>>

Hi all Im new in here and havent get my car yet as im still waiting for my finance to be approved.( current car is an old Honda Civic ESI slow one dont worry )
I am near 40 years old my with 10 years expirence on class 3 and dont have any NCB,i was quoted by a my salesman that my insurace will be $5k plus.I see you paying your insurance is $220 per mth thats mean $2640 per annum,so is my insurance too high?
Given your age and driving experience, your insurance is damn high, unless you have major claims before? I have 13 yrs experience, over 30 and my insurance is abt 3.5k before NCD...

burnings said:
DgenarationX said:
ghoonk said:

>>>>>>>>>>

Given your age and driving experience, your insurance is damn high, unless you have major claims before? I have 13 yrs experience, over 30 and my insurance is abt 3.5k before NCD...

Yes i think my insurance that was quoted to me by the salesman was high as i do not have any previous claim case even from motobikes,thanks for the info bro,I really appreciate it.
I might ask the salesman again and will find my own insurance ( if possible )Haizz the wait for the finance approval is still on...cant wait to man handle the EVO :bounce:

burnings

No need to find other insurance cuz only NTUC will insure Evo X.... so the next best thing is to call NTUC and check with them directly....

Hi Bro
It very much depend how much you can down for the upfront cash, plus additional factors like how many years of loan you will be getting, interest rate from bank, etc.

Rougly it will range from the cost of S$1.2k - S$1.5 per month, fyi

rl0h said:
If I may ask, what is the monthly costs to own a new EVO X now ?

:) tks!

rl0h

10q bro. Considering now.. says fork out cash 15k includes insurance with 10-year loan for new GSR, probably ard 1,1k in instalment. Plus petrol & maintenance besides mods. Can I say, average 1.8k per month ? I wish to shrink down the loan repayments to 7-year & lower the cash upfront. But the instalment will b higher. Would it b ideal ?
Also thinking abt getting resale GSR/GT year of 2005 or 2006, & the OMV is very much higher i suppose.

edwardzz said:
Hi Bro
It very much depend how much you can down for the upfront cash, plus additional factors like how many years of loan you will be getting, interest rate from bank, etc.

Rougly it will range from the cost of S$1.2k - S$1.5 per month, fyi