Tan Chong GT-R

imo , makes no diff..

better off buying outside.. 20k 1 yr warrenty.. TC can shaft it up theirs...

if the car breaks down in 20k km.. the car can buang also..

Strangezz

KingAbarth said:
imo , makes no diff..

better off buying outside.. 20k 1 yr warrenty.. TC can shaft it up theirs...

if the car breaks down in 20k km.. the car can buang also..
Very subjective lah. Some ppl rather have the security of authorised distributor. Some ppl look at the bottom line. Some look at which PI won't void warranty if car is modded! :D

Actually to be really honest, i also think there's not much diff buying from TC as compared to other PIs ...

The benefit buying from TC is

1. Lower risk than buying from a PI which may fold up, like Frankel i guess,
2. higher OMV,
3. confirmed delivery by mid - end Feb if you book now,
4. and "support" using their advance "diagnostic" equipment, which i have no details about till now ....

is it worth the S$50k premium? well ... to each his own .... but certainly not to me ... :)

i think in sin, there is really not much warrenty to talk abt..

when u mod ANYTHING, warrenty is gone. It goes with all performance car, BMW, Porsche included.. u must buy from the and get them to install inorder to maintain warrenty..

i mean.. be honest, how can an cat back exhaust approve by LTA have compromised the car?
In UK they gone even further with the PPP kit for the rex and evo..

i, personally, never believed that a new car can break on you for 12mths or worst 20k km.. i just dun make any sense if they do...

for the higher OMV, means your car price is higher by similar hike in sale price.. now, with our hidious MOV rebate.. isit really worth while to get a car with higher OMV? u actually lose 'more' money over the same period..

but that just me.. haha.. a disgrunted sporean...

alfcanada said:
Actually to be really honest, i also think there's not much diff buying from TC as compared to other PIs ...

The benefit buying from TC is

1. Lower risk than buying from a PI which may fold up, like Frankel i guess,
2. higher OMV,
3. confirmed delivery by mid - end Feb if you book now,
4. and "support" using their advance "diagnostic" equipment, which i have no details about till now ....

is it worth the S$50k premium? well ... to each his own .... but certainly not to me ... :)
so much price difference? tot other PI also charge about 300-320k for the premium version? if so, then maybe not worth

ya.. that too of cos..

so far the SE that came back to me have a estimate of 80-86k OMV for a sale price of abt 270k.

Those that quoted abt 90-95k OMV is asking abt 300k. This is for base model.

premium is from 90k - 105k from various PI asking range from 280k - 320k.

i sure when the cars start to roll in.. price will ease off abit..
with the crazy stock market plus rumor of recession world-wide.. everyone is cautious..
can see from the COE prices.. and of cos our Ah loong speech that car tax will be further cut..

so buying car after march seems to make more sense after the tax comes down..