SST Gear Change

I normally use manual (normal) mode instead of auto.

When I shift up, no issues as the car just takes my command.

Problem is the car likes to downshift by itself when car is slowing down. And I also like to manually shift down by myself.

So sometimes, I might shift down at exactly the same time as the car and I think when that happens, sometimes the ecu a bit 'short-circuited' and the gear does not engage for a while and leaves it in neutral.

This especially happens when shifting from 4th to 3rd. Sometimes the gear goes into neutral and doesn't shift into gear unless I manually shift down to 2nd or jab the throttle a bit for the gear to clunk into 3rd.

No mechanical issues at all but seems ecu is a bit retarded sometimes.

In auto mode, the downshift from 4th to 3rd also sometimes goes into neutral for a while.

Any SST bros experience this?

Valve body problem. You can upgrade to newest firmware for tcu. Can look for Gary(sg) and elan(jb). Upgrade firmware and try again first. Make sure regular oil and filter change for gearbox

RFA Racing said:
Valve body problem. You can upgrade to newest firmware for tcu. Can look for Gary(sg) and elan(jb). Upgrade firmware and try again first. Make sure regular oil and filter change for gearbox
Already tuned by Gary before