Shift light setting point

#1
Hi guys, for the bros that are using shiftlamps, at which point do you set them on? My peak torque comes in at 5100rpm and peak HP hits at 6100rpm. Or just set at 8000 where the rev cuts off? By the way I'm driving e9 gsr.
 

JudgeJules

Moderator
Staff member
#2
I set mine at 7000rpm. My rev limit is at 7,800. By the time it light up, I know I have a bit more to go, hence can decide to pull further or change up. Actually, no point pulling past 7,000rpm as you don't get much gain from there on.
 
#3
JudgeJules said:
I set mine at 7000rpm. My rev limit is at 7,800. By the time it light up, I know I have a bit more to go, hence can decide to pull further or change up. Actually, no point pulling past 7,000rpm as you don't get much gain from there on.
Thanks for your reply. But doesnt it seem that you've already went past your peak torque at 7000rpm? Or on paper your torque peaks at that point?
 
#5
evokch said:
Hi guys. Any idea when I could buy a shift lamp? Brand?

Appreciate the advice.
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.

 

evokch

Well-Known Member
#6
Thanks for this. :wink:

Pivot is a popular brand. Who sells Pivot? :?:

Genesiz said:
evokch said:
Hi guys. Any idea when I could buy a shift lamp? Brand?

Appreciate the advice.
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.

 
#8
Genesiz said:
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.
im interested in this shift indicator as well, but have not check the price. any group buy for this? :p
 

evokch

Well-Known Member
#10
It looks good. How much is it?

hycool said:
Genesiz said:
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.
im interested in this shift indicator as well, but have not check the price. any group buy for this? :p
 
#11
Bros,

The Shift Light at Dynotechnica is called Shift-I. It is certainly accurate as it connects to the Ground, Ignition and Tacho. Great functionalities and the LED lights even have an auto ambient sensor and adjusts the brightness accordingly!

Easy to adjust on the track to set your predetermined rpm points as well. I've got one in my car and have absolutely no regrets. Sorry can't remember the pricing as I bought it about almost 2 years back... :lol:

Go look for Benny...he would be happy to assist!

Cheers!
 
#12
Genesiz said:
Hi guys, for the bros that are using shiftlamps, at which point do you set them on? My peak torque comes in at 5100rpm and peak HP hits at 6100rpm. Or just set at 8000 where the rev cuts off? By the way I'm driving e9 gsr.
peak hp = shift up cuz no point to rev any further as your hp decreases after that
peak torque = dont let your rpm fall below that point as to maintain maximum accelerating power
thus the the rpm from which your torque peaks at to the rpm where you have your peak hp is the powerband that you will want to stay in to get the best times

But correct me if i am wrong, from the stats you gave, i suppose you have an aftermarket turbo that is bigger than stock as the peak torque comes in only at 5100. If so then i feel something is not right with the setup as peak hp comes in way too early at 6100. You should at least have a powerband of 2k rpm, so if your peak torque is 5100 then your peak hp should be around 7100.
 
#13
hycool said:
Genesiz said:
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.
im interested in this shift indicator as well, but have not check the price. any group buy for this? :p
If there's a GB, do let me know.

Tks!
 
#14
fugulah said:
Genesiz said:
Hi guys, for the bros that are using shiftlamps, at which point do you set them on? My peak torque comes in at 5100rpm and peak HP hits at 6100rpm. Or just set at 8000 where the rev cuts off? By the way I'm driving e9 gsr.
peak hp = shift up cuz no point to rev any further as your hp decreases after that
peak torque = dont let your rpm fall below that point as to maintain maximum accelerating power
thus the the rpm from which your torque peaks at to the rpm where you have your peak hp is the powerband that you will want to stay in to get the best times

But correct me if i am wrong, from the stats you gave, i suppose you have an aftermarket turbo that is bigger than stock as the peak torque comes in only at 5100. If so then i feel something is not right with the setup as peak hp comes in way too early at 6100. You should at least have a powerband of 2k rpm, so if your peak torque is 5100 then your peak hp should be around 7100.
Bro is there anything wrong with my numbers? I just did a reflash. Current on stock except Kansai intake, tomei down pipe, exhaust manifold, fuji exhaust, 680cc injectors and fuel regulator. Stock turbo and i/c... any feedback is appreciated. :)
 
#15
icecream said:
hycool said:
Genesiz said:
Saw this at Dynotechnica. looks nice but I dunno the brand. Sems like alot of people feedbacked Pivot is not accurate, although mine is working fine so far.
im interested in this shift indicator as well, but have not check the price. any group buy for this? :p
If there's a GB, do let me know.

Tks!
no need grp buy bro. Just visit Benny lah he got stock.
 

evokch

Well-Known Member
#16
Thanks for the helpful information mate.

Cyborg101 said:
Bros,

The Shift Light at Dynotechnica is called Shift-I. It is certainly accurate as it connects to the Ground, Ignition and Tacho. Great functionalities and the LED lights even have an auto ambient sensor and adjusts the brightness accordingly!

Easy to adjust on the track to set your predetermined rpm points as well. I've got one in my car and have absolutely no regrets. Sorry can't remember the pricing as I bought it about almost 2 years back... :lol:

Go look for Benny...he would be happy to assist!

Cheers!
 

JudgeJules

Moderator
Staff member
#17
Genesiz said:
JudgeJules said:
I set mine at 7000rpm. My rev limit is at 7,800. By the time it light up, I know I have a bit more to go, hence can decide to pull further or change up. Actually, no point pulling past 7,000rpm as you don't get much gain from there on.
Thanks for your reply. But doesnt it seem that you've already went past your peak torque at 7000rpm? Or on paper your torque peaks at that point?
It really has to depend on your car.... My pulls all the way to the limit and it suits my driving style.

Shift lamp is really useful and it doesn't have to be spot accurate. It is more of a reminder to you the you're reaching your desired shift point. It's especially useful when doing b-road drive and road race where you need o keep your yes on the road.
 

JudgeJules

Moderator
Staff member
#18
Genesiz said:
fugulah said:
Genesiz said:
Hi guys, for the bros that are using shiftlamps, at which point do you set them on? My peak torque comes in at 5100rpm and peak HP hits at 6100rpm. Or just set at 8000 where the rev cuts off? By the way I'm driving e9 gsr.
peak hp = shift up cuz no point to rev any further as your hp decreases after that
peak torque = dont let your rpm fall below that point as to maintain maximum accelerating power
thus the the rpm from which your torque peaks at to the rpm where you have your peak hp is the powerband that you will want to stay in to get the best times

But correct me if i am wrong, from the stats you gave, i suppose you have an aftermarket turbo that is bigger than stock as the peak torque comes in only at 5100. If so then i feel something is not right with the setup as peak hp comes in way too early at 6100. You should at least have a powerband of 2k rpm, so if your peak torque is 5100 then your peak hp should be around 7100.
Bro is there anything wrong with my numbers? I just did a reflash. Current on stock except Kansai intake, tomei down pipe, exhaust manifold, fuji exhaust, 680cc injectors and fuel regulator. Stock turbo and i/c... any feedback is appreciated. :)
Rather strange that you hit peak torque at 5,100. Quite late especially when you have a MIVEC engine. Have it tune again if possible to promote early boost so that the car is more responsive.
 
#19
JudgeJules said:
Rather strange that you hit peak torque at 5,100. Quite late especially when you have a MIVEC engine. Have it tune again if possible to promote early boost so that the car is more responsive.
Thanks bro I'l check on this. Maybe stock turbo not responsive already??.
 
#20
Genesiz said:
fugulah said:
Genesiz said:
Hi guys, for the bros that are using shiftlamps, at which point do you set them on? My peak torque comes in at 5100rpm and peak HP hits at 6100rpm. Or just set at 8000 where the rev cuts off? By the way I'm driving e9 gsr.
peak hp = shift up cuz no point to rev any further as your hp decreases after that
peak torque = dont let your rpm fall below that point as to maintain maximum accelerating power
thus the the rpm from which your torque peaks at to the rpm where you have your peak hp is the powerband that you will want to stay in to get the best times

But correct me if i am wrong, from the stats you gave, i suppose you have an aftermarket turbo that is bigger than stock as the peak torque comes in only at 5100. If so then i feel something is not right with the setup as peak hp comes in way too early at 6100. You should at least have a powerband of 2k rpm, so if your peak torque is 5100 then your peak hp should be around 7100.
Bro is there anything wrong with my numbers? I just did a reflash. Current on stock except Kansai intake, tomei down pipe, exhaust manifold, fuji exhaust, 680cc injectors and fuel regulator. Stock turbo and i/c... any feedback is appreciated. :)
That was why i asked if you had a bigger turbo, cuz stock turbo peak torque is around 3k+ rpm. Try talking to your workshop cum tuner and find out the problem. You can post the feedback you get from your workshop and tuner in here, and we will know whether or not are they smoking you.
 

Similar threads