Questions on the GTR

Hi guys,

Some questions' been nagging my mind for a while regarding the current model GTR....I've been less than satisfied with the sluggishness of my Evo X SST gearbox/throttle settings in Normal mode and the unusability (too high revs before upshifting) in the Sports and S-sports modes on the street. The only way around it is to drive fully manual in Sports/S-sports mode with the paddle shift, which I find myself increasingly do.

1. Does the GTR, like the SST suffer from driving like a heavy luxury sedan in it's "normal" equivalent mode i.e. throttle response slow, gear change sluggish etc when you need to suddenly overtake?
2. Do you ever have to resort to driving fully manual paddle shift so as to circumvent any sluggishness?
3. Does the GTR auto downshift (even when in fully manual mode) when your car comes to a stop, say at a traffic light?
4. Is there a delay when you engage reverse gear before you can actually reverse? If your revs are a little high, does it actually wait for a long while before it engages reverse internally?
5. Is there tremendous clutch slippage from the tranny before the gears bite and powers on? This is especially apparent in 1st gear from stationary...car feels like an Auto running a torque convertor.

I'm just wondering if all twin clutch systems feel like this cos the PDK on non-sports chronograph packaged Porsches did feel like this....with an even longer delay between stamping on the throttle and the car actually responding....The sports-chorograph packaged Porsches apparently have much less of a lag.

Cheers!

Yeek

Strangezz

GTR GB had a lot of the problems you described but most of them were solved or made more tolerable when we updated the GB software with patch from Nissan.

Strangezz said:
GTR GB had a lot of the problems you described but most of them were solved or made more tolerable when we updated the GB software with patch from Nissan.
Wow...so all these high performance cars exhibit similar problems.....I wonder why...sounds like a case of sell 1st fix later attitude similar to a certain software mogul's practice.....

Yeek

Sirium

Yeek said:
Strangezz said:
Wow...so all these high performance cars exhibit similar problems.....I wonder why...sounds like a case of sell 1st fix later attitude similar to a certain software mogul's practice.....

Yeek
You can do all the beta testing in the world within the company, but the ultimate large-population test will be when it goes on sale, right? At least they issued a patch...

Strangezz

I don't think it's limited to "high-performance" cars only. There have been many cases of recalls for every type of vehicles before. But as Sirium said, at least they bother to issue patches. :lol: