Protune/APP brake kits

Isn't Protune made by Endless? Saw the kit from Garage R, the box got Endless label on it. Heard that even APP also make by Endless.

btr

Pikachu said:
tingtw said:
Isn't Protune made by Endless? Saw the kit from Garage R, the box got Endless label on it. Heard that even APP also make by Endless.
If not wrong, Protune is made by VTTR....and VTTR actually OEM for other brands as well.....

http://www.vttr.com.tw/
There has been some suggestions made by members here that VTTR or other Taiwan companies make brake systems for Endless. Please note that these claims are entirely false. For those who need assurance, please visit our workshop, MB Performance Pte Ltd and view the declaration/ explanation by Endless Japan. We understand that other brake manufacturers/ companies wish to be associated with an established brand like Endless and we are confident that the performance of a true Endless system will explain why.

keith aka btr

DoggieHowser

Staff member
When deciding on big brake upgrade kits, IMHO, there are a few factors that we need to consider.

First, it isn't just bigger is always better. R&D is a key factor. The kit has to be designed and optimized for the car. So the overall brake bias of the stock car is retained and you can stop faster and in a shorter distance.

Stoptech did some tests to show that adding a bigger brake kit but compromising the stopping distances.

So not all 4 or 6 pots are created equal. I would be worried if the kits are just cobbled together without considering the braking bias. I am still a bit cautious at those who proudly proclaim front 6 pot/rear 6 pot configurations. The last thing I want to do is to lock up the rears when I am braking hard.

And the other area where a lot of people tend to overlook (myself included HAIZ!!) is the type of brake pads available. You want the upgrade kit to have access to brake pads that meet your requirements, whether it is for track use or hard street driving or daily driving etc.

This isn't strictly an endorsement for Endless but I think that while it may cost more, I have been perfectly happy with them. Despite abuse on the track, they hardly fade, and the range of brake pads you have from them is pretty amazing. The only other brake kit with such an extensive range of pads is from AP, who have compatible pads from various other manufacturers like Ferodo/EBC etc. But do your research before you buy.

DoggieHowser said:
When deciding on big brake upgrade kits, IMHO, there are a few factors that we need to consider.

First, it isn't just bigger is always better. R&D is a key factor. The kit has to be designed and optimized for the car. So the overall brake bias of the stock car is retained and you can stop faster and in a shorter distance.

Stoptech did some tests to show that adding a bigger brake kit but compromising the stopping distances.

So not all 4 or 6 pots are created equal. I would be worried if the kits are just cobbled together without considering the braking bias. I am still a bit cautious at those who proudly proclaim front 6 pot/rear 6 pot configurations. The last thing I want to do is to lock up the rears when I am braking hard.

And the other area where a lot of people tend to overlook (myself included HAIZ!!) is the type of brake pads available. You want the upgrade kit to have access to brake pads that meet your requirements, whether it is for track use or hard street driving or daily driving etc.

This isn't strictly an endorsement for Endless but I think that while it may cost more, I have been perfectly happy with them. Despite abuse on the track, they hardly fade, and the range of brake pads you have from them is pretty amazing. The only other brake kit with such an extensive range of pads is from AP, who have compatible pads from various other manufacturers like Ferodo/EBC etc. But do your research before you buy.
Very valid points BK.