Potential SST problem!

oasisash78

Hi there, are all your SSTs smooth as silk?

For the past 3 days, I noticed that there are some "shuttering" on my SST.

1) Mon, pulled out from a carpark lot. The car jerked in 1st gear.

2) Tue, while moving forward at a traffic junction, the car jerked in 1st gear again.

3) Today, when I stepped on the brakes to slow down, there was a "thud" sound as the SST down shifted from 5th to 4th gear.

4) Also today, the car jerked while reversing into a carparking lot.

Anyone with the same experience?

Thanks.

oasisash78 said:

2) Tue, while moving forward at a traffic junction, the car jerked in 1st gear again.

3) Today, when I stepped on the brakes to slow down, there was a "thud" sound as the SST down shifted from 5th to 4th gear.

Thanks.
So we are not alone...same to me for 1) and 2) :roll:

oasisash78

syong888 said:
oasisash78 said:

Thanks.
So we are not alone...same to me for 1) and 2) :roll:
Normal?

I guest its time for you to clean your air filter & throttle body. when these 2 parts get dirty, they will affect the SST gear shifting smoothness

gfk1 said:
I guest its time for you to clean your air filter & throttle body. when these 2 parts get dirty, they will affect the SST gear shifting smoothness
Thank you for the input.

Have done that for my case , it improved a bit but happen again in very short period :(

Will do it again and report 8)

dvp

it could be the sst filter that is clogged. i do know of a couple of owners who have their sst filters changed at every 10k km interval & have their sst oils changed at 40k km.

they swear by it for smooth gear shifts. just remember to top up the sst oil in the filter canister before u fit it in to make up for the oil lost while removing the old filter..

$160 for the filter change is the best approach to test it out rather than spend $ on pouring in fresh oil

dvp said:
it could be the sst filter that is clogged. i do know of a couple of owners who have their sst filters changed at every 10k km interval & have their sst oils changed at 40k km.

they swear by it for smooth gear shifts. just remember to top up the sst oil in the filter canister before u fit it in to make up for the oil lost while removing the old filter..

$160 for the filter change is the best approach to test it out rather than spend $ on pouring in fresh oil
Thank you for the tips. I changed my sst oils twice but forgot about the filter, just got the filter changed recently. Will do it more frequent in the future :)

oasisash78

oasisash78 said:
Sent my ride yesterday to my workshop to change out all the fluids. Will update again.

All fluids changed. So far only experience the "cluck" sound during reversing into a slightly up slope carpark slot. Will monitor.

oasisash78

syong888 said:
dvp said:

Thank you for the tips. I changed my sst oils twice but forgot about the filter, just got the filter changed recently. Will do it more frequent in the future :)
Bro Syong888, what sst fluid do you use? I used to use WillAll SST fluid and my mech said that aftermarket fluid will cause the SST tranny to fail. Using back stock fluid now.

oasisash78 said:
syong888 said:
dvp said:

Bro Syong888, what sst fluid do you use? I used to use WillAll SST fluid and my mech said that aftermarket fluid will cause the SST tranny to fail. Using back stock fluid now.
who is your mechanic and what is the basis of their statement?

oasisash78 said:
syong888 said:
dvp said:

Pls keep posted. My SST also shuddering during moving off.... New problem for couple of months only.

oasisash78

It's really bad today.

Car very jerky at moving off from D1 and R in normal mode. Jerky from 4th to 3rd gear too.

Any clue? Just changed back to oem sstf and filter. Previously using Willall sstf.

dvp said:

Yup I change mine ... Still same for 1 & 2 :)
but of cos slightly better. I think got to change something else ... Still waiting for answers :)
Heard changing a new gear box is ex... :(

Man said:
dvp said:

Yup I change mine ... Still same for 1 & 2 :)
but of cos slightly better. I think got to change something else ... Still waiting for answers :)
Heard changing a new gear box is ex... :(
Prices for SST gearbox has gone down abit due to $ exchange. Let me know how much u have to pay & i will post the prices n part number here. Somewhere in the region of $12k sgd before freight & gst. Freight is about 1.5k sgd. Still below 14k , not the rumours of $16-20k