Official Evo X Track Times

Thanks bro ,
Just wanting to know if there are any other organisers for time attack .
Sorry I have only been to MPT and RCA organised Sepang track day .

Hi Kelvin,

Just did the MPT Super Lap on the 13th Dec. I was hoping to see our Evo X gang there but was disappointed. Only 3 Evo x including myself turn up. Anyway, here's my timing.

2:32.08 - Mohd Yusoff [Mod13] / SST / 2010 Dec MPT Superlap / Stock Turbo / HKS Hypermax III / Yoko AO50 / Data : No

Protege

CONGRATULATIONS YUSOFF !!! I received an email about the official times from MPT, will be updating in jiff !!

You know... I've been waiting for you to come out of the dark cos you were already doing mid 30s when I met you at the track last year. :lol:

32.0 on a stock turbo SST !! *Woot !!*

mod13 said:
Hi Kelvin,

Just did the MPT Super Lap on the 13th Dec. I was hoping to see our Evo X gang there but was disappointed. Only 3 Evo x including myself turn up. Anyway, here's my timing.

2:32.08 - Mohd Yusoff [Mod13] / SST / 2010 Dec MPT Superlap / Stock Turbo / HKS Hypermax III / Yoko AO50 / Data : No

Hi Yusoff ,

CONGRATULATIONS !!! 2.32 is an awesome timing . Now we know what a stock turbo SST is capable of . Thank you for pushing the boundary .
Sorry for missing the last MPT , I was suppose to go up with the other 2 EVO X you've met Khay Chun and Nick Han . But due to too packed schedule in Dec I didn't made it . Our EVO X gang is eagerly looking forward to the next MPT . Hope to see ya there .

BTW , Are you going to the MPT Prize Presentation on 30th ? I hope to meet all the top drivers like yourself to gain some tips on set up and problems I encounter .

CHEERS !

Nice!
What tire did Koo Dat Way run? What about Stephen Tan? There's talk of race slicks going on?
Rough power levels? Stock longblock? Aftermarket turbo?

Xist3nz

Both were on semi slicks and stock engine and stock turbo.... Running with street coilovers...ohlins DFV(very good stuff.. Lol)... Basically street set up except the tyres.... No full slicks were used...

Protege

*Woot woot bros !! CZ4A AWESOMENESS !!!

Gumby, Kuvesh - stop hiding with your fast times, go TA add on and update on the SST family !! :D

Protege

Update !

The format for the list is: Position / Laptime / Driver Name [SGevo Nick] / Version / Event

Circuit: Sepang International Circuit

Slicks Class
None

Semi Slicks Class

1. 2:27.98 - Lester Wong / GSR 5MT / 2010’Apr MPT SuperLap
2. 2:30.45 – Kelvin Teo [Protégé] / GSR 5MT / 2009’Sep MPT Time Attack
3. 2:31.80 – Koo Dat Way [Rei] / GSR 5MT / 2011'Mar MPT SuperLap
4. 2:32.08 - Mohd Yusoff [Mod13] / SST / 2010'Dec MPT Superlap
5. 2:34.00 – Stephen Tan [Stephen-San] / GSR 5MT / 2011'Mar MPT SuperLap
6. 2:38.23 – Jeffrey Tan [Wildarms] / GSR 5MT / 2009’Nov MPT Time Attack
7. 2:39.10 – Maverick Lim [Mave7221] / SST / 2010'Oct MPT SuperLap
8. 2:40.75 - Samuel Tay [Xist3nz] GSR 5MT / 2011'Mar MPT SuperLap
9. 2:43.15 – Raymond Lee / SST / 2010'Oct MPT SuperLap
10. 2:49.41 - Roy Peh / GSR 5MT / 2011'Mar MPT SuperLap

Street Tires Class

1. 2:37.94 – Kuvesh Pather [kuvesh] / SST / 2010’Apr MPT SuperLap
2. 2:40.56 - Alan Lim [Alan9955] / SST / 2011'Mar MPT SuperLap
3. 2:42.53 – Eugene See [Count Dookoo] / GSR 5MT / 2009’Dec MPT Time Attack
4. 2:42.70 - Koo Dat Way [Rei] / GSR 5MT / 2009’Dec MPT Time Attack
5. 2:49.56 – Maverick Lim / GSR 5MT / 2010’Apr MPT SuperLap
6. 2:52.18 – Raymond Lee / SST / 2009’Dec MPT Time Attack
7. 2:53.70 – Edwin Foo / SST / 2009’Dec MPT Time Attack
8. 2:54.71 – Gary Suet / GSR 5MT / 2009’Dec MPT Time Attack
9. 2:55.34 – Nick Han / GSR / 2010'Oct MPT SuperLap

As for frequently asked questions on topics such as power and other mod factors; I will let the folks who are in the list to provide more information if they are comfortable to.

Suggested format: Laptime / Driver Name [SGevo name] / Version / Event / Turbo type / Damper type / Tires / Data: Yes or No / Data share: Yes or No. More info will certainly be useful for highly modified cars, such as car weight: Real or Estimated / Estimated or dyno measured power level etc…

Protege said:

Gumby, Kuvesh - stop hiding with your fast times, go TA add on and update on the SST family !! :D
Gumby is still a time attack virgin so a bit shy... but he will rank pretty high on that table once he decides its time to reveal himself...

My suggesttion to the evo x community as a whole, is that we should all target to attend one event later in the year. We can then have everyone go all out to post their best times under the same conditions.

Based on my notes, MPT has a superlap scheduled for the 11 Sep and 20 Nov - we should choose one date.

I know a lot of people are trying to break the mystical 2:30 barrier so that gives us all enough time to prep the cars (and minds) to claim bragging rights.

haha... I will try to get my feet wet in TA later this year.

By the way, if the fast guys are really all stock turbo (and stock internals, no cams, etc.) that's seriously impressive. If it's really "stock frame" turbos being used... well, it's still v good. :mrgreen:

I know of only one guy who was all stock + semis and did a 2:30.

Protege

kuvesh said:
Gumby is still a time attack virgin so a bit shy... but he will rank pretty high on that table once he decides its time to reveal himself...
Yup & reveal that he really is... THE STIG !!!

gumby said:
haha... I will try to get my feet wet in TA later this year.

By the way, if the fast guys are really all stock turbo (and stock internals, no cams, etc.) that's seriously impressive.
No one can be more impressive than you bud - I've never ever seen anyone doing those fast times you did with on a fully stock outlook (no lip, bodykit, wing etc) , stock interior (no stripping), stock longblock & stock turbo Evo.

Bloody get wet soon ! :D

Tat a gd idea bro, y not we set 20 nov cos it is a weekend.
Update us if u gg than I jio dat way n stephen n my friends along.

kuvesh said:
Protege said:

My suggesttion to the evo x community as a whole, is that we should all target to attend one event later in the year. We can then have everyone go all out to post their best times under the same conditions.

Based on my notes, MPT has a superlap scheduled for the 11 Sep and 20 Nov - we should choose one date.

I know a lot of people are trying to break the mystical 2:30 barrier so that gives us all enough time to prep the cars (and minds) to claim bragging rights.

I think I need to clear up the myths that's been hanging ard regarding stephen's n my timing.

Yes,we are both on stock turbo,stock engine n stock internals. If anyone believe my claims is reasonably doubtful,u can always check it out with either tuner or workshop...they will tell u that we done no modification to our engines n turbos...but I will be perfectly honest abt this,our engines n turbo were left stock not by choice...bros here who knows n followed my stories of how a previous modification gone wrong shld know that I would not have revert back stock if given a choice...anyway,let me juz say this,I always felt that the concept of gd timing wif stock engine,stock turbo is overrated...anyone here can confirm getting a better timing after changing turbos or cams n etc?maybe I'm a mountain tortoise,but since I've heard no such things yet,I dun suppose it is 100% guaranteed?y the over emphasis on stock engine,stock turbo?so if someone change turbo n ran a gd time,he's still consider lousy?Lester ran a 2:27 on a reworked evo x,dun think anyone will claim that's lousy becoz it's not stock engine,stock turbo?

At the end of the day,I think timing shld be placed above all else,not the so called stock engine stock turbo,no modifications...wat I really hope to c is that some big garages start doing up their evo x n push it on the tracks so we really know the potential of evo x compared to it's older bro...getting 2:30s in an evo x is really nothing compared to the 2:10s the evo 9 has done on sepang...I really really hope the day will come when I c an evo x doing the same or better timing as the evo 9s...regardless of wat modification it has...

Wif regards to the tyres,I think the marshals at mpt can confirm that we were using semi slicks for the super lap battle... :)

Protege

Hey Rei, congrats on the new time !!!

Yah some of us has heard/seen and can vouch for Stephen's misfortune with the bruised michelin slicks, and how he had to revert to semis and clock the time without much practice ! Kudos to him ! If anyone is doubting you or Stephen on engine/turbo mods, who cares right ?! :lol: I had abit of that back in 2009 - if they approach (privately or openly) you saying so, just show them the pbox file, everything will be settled !

Power is definitely a key factor for a track like Sepang, due to >2km of wide open throttle - and whichever route to get whatever timing is based on personal willingness or limitations.

I too didn't plan to buy an Evo to keep it stock !! So I also went ahead to bring the power levels up with an Owen Developments turbo in December last year, mating it with a more serious set of Nitrons suspensions and using controversial semi slicks - all just for personal shiokness !!! :albino:

Rei said:
so if someone change turbo n ran a gd time,he's still consider lousy?............lousy becoz it's not stock engine,stock turbo?
Hi Rei, the idea is to have a car of known spec, only then can times be compared. 2:03 at SIC would be considered a very slow time for certain classes of car, but when we look at the time, it can look great if we don't know the car spec. So the 2:03 in this example cannot be confirmed as good, or bad, unless we know car spec for certain. Not rumours of car spec or talk of car spec, but independently measured, scrutineered, open data shared, etc.

The only way to have a car of known spec or to know its spec with high certainty is either to run a stock class (easiest and cheapest because everyone starts out from stock when they buy a road car) and/or to have a class with well defined rules, very good scrutineering and enforcement of the rules.

The value of stock longblock, stock engine, is that the power ceiling is widely known especially for a car spec that will go 5 laps on a timsheet within a narrow laptime window. The less stock everything gets, the more the irrelevant comparison becomes because 2 highly modified cars can be 100K apart in terms of cost, and perhaps 200hp apart in power, 100kg different in weight. The difference doesn't matter if all we care about is pure laptime - in which case the 250K car with 700hp weighing 1200kg will win. In the case of pure laptime regardless of spec, money always wins, just a matter of how much more money. Driver isn't an issue because good drivers can be bought too. Money wins again.

But do we all only care about laptimes? Or do we care to know how good the driver is? Or are we only interested to see if another 100K can buy 1 sec time saving, and the next 100K 0.5 sec, etc. In which case, might as well skip everything and just compare bank balance without having to spend the money on a big money drain right? :)

getting 2:30s in an evo x is really nothing compared to the 2:10s the evo 9 has done on sepang..
In the car modification terms, it definitely is nothing.
But from a driver standpoint, it is definitely something and is why many drivers struggle to achieve the same or give up reaching that target and just start throwing money at the car very early. :albino:

I really really hope the day will come when I c an evo x doing the same or better timing as the evo 9s...regardless of wat modification it has...
This will be interesting to many, boring to some. If someone pays a company to cut a tall deck big bore V6 TT billet block and heads, then runs crazy power, goes full CF and cage, moves suspension coordinates around to optimize geometry, shifts all major masses rearward, crazy aero completely unstreetable, pneumatic sequential 7 speed, basically creates a prototype with an evo X shell on it, all for say 1 mil SGD... then has a decent but nowhere near pro driver turn a 2:12 lap in it.. is it really that exciting? Is the car an engineering marvel? Who knows, it isn't competing against similar cars in a race series. Driver good? Probably not, but who can say anything since he ran a 2:12 right?

==

Without things like a known and enforced spec, known expenditure, close comparisons within a class, and/or data to take a closer look at vehicle and driver capability, there's no way to tell if a car is really efficient and fast, or if a driver is efficient and fast. All we have is a vague summary laptime, and anyone can take that time and spin it any way they want. Can be used to glorify the car, the driver, a bit of both. Detractors can take the same laptime and see it in different light, putting down the car and/or driver. Who's right? Who knows? It's why some people eventually go racing in the end I guess. I mean like touring car, gt car, formula, etc. where rules are a lot tighter and participants closely watched.