Official Car decal for SG Evo Club

hahas23

Hi bros, understood from bro FQ that we do not have any Official Car decal for SG Evo Club. Anyone who is creative to do one for our club? Can the administrator do a poll to get a list of interested parties? Just a suggestion to strengthen our sense of belonging............

I do recall that we did have a thread discussion on that before, however now, can't find. Admin pls help?

jezter

ard 5yrs ago or prior there WAS a decal.. but it has seen stopped.

who is creative and good in designing? i have returned what i learned from school,brains are rusty alrdy.. :lol:

can be sure this will be a thankless job,not for the faint-hearted :lol:

hahas23

JudgeJules said:
I had one done up a year back... looks like this.

If I receive enough response, I'll look into making it...

Excellent! I believe we shall get a quotation on the cost of the decal, let all the bros know how much is the decal cos I believe if too ex most bros won't be interested, and then do a poll to decide on the actual quantity.

I'm able to get a quote from a vendor based on the min. quantity of 200 pieces, rest assured on the quality of the decal from this vendor as he's the one who does the servicing mileage decal for C&C.

question... must it be in red? u noe, respective car colours use respective background colours but with the same design..that sort of thing. else white evo with a red decal is weird... etc etc.

hahas23

The decal is meant to be pasted on the driver's side window (ideally), or any windows, thus since it's not on the car body, then it shld turn out ok. Moreover, red is the signature colour for Mitsubishi Evolution, plus it's a striking colour, thus shld stand out on window background.

Do note that the purpose of a decal is to stand out. If it's the same colour as the background - e.g. red decal on red background, then it'll not be obvious, thus doesn't serve the purpose of a decal.

This decal is also meant to be an identity to the club, thus shld be of a uniform colour to every club member. Since to be uniform, the window is then the only uniform background for all cars, thus decided to go for a window decal.

Another issue is the requirement to meet min. quantity of 200 pieces - same colours & same design, if we're to make different colour background decals, for e.g. if there are only a max. of 30 blue Evos, then we won't be able to get the vendor to do the decal for that color. Plus the more the quantity, the cheaper the cost.

Sorry to disappoint any bros who wanted a different colour. My sincere apology...........

hahas23 said:
The decal is meant to be pasted on the driver's side window (ideally), or any windows, thus since it's not on the car body, then it shld turn out ok. Moreover, red is the signature colour for Mitsubishi Evolution, plus it's a striking colour, thus shld stand out on window background.

Do note that the purpose of a decal is to stand out. If it's the same colour as the background - e.g. red decal on red background, then it'll not be obvious, thus doesn't serve the purpose of a decal.

This decal is also meant to be an identity to the club, thus shld be of a uniform colour to every club member. Since to be uniform, the window is then the only uniform background for all cars, thus decided to go for a window decal.

Another issue is the requirement to meet min. quantity of 200 pieces - same colours & same design, if we're to make different colour background decals, for e.g. if there are only a max. of 30 blue Evos, then we won't be able to get the vendor to do the decal for that color. Plus the more the quantity, the cheaper the cost.

Sorry to disappoint any bros who wanted a different colour. My sincere apology...........
200 pcs minimum order - i will take(buy) 6 pcs, 1 each for the glass panels...that will help u fulfill the numbers :D
btw, our fellow bro, signatureinz is in this trade. you might want to pm him

hahas23

Ok, shall pm & get a quotation from him. Final decision will still have to discuss with the club committees based on the quotes and quality of products - some decals after sometime tends to be stuck to the windows, we have to assess the quality based on proven track records.

fq400

hahas23 said:

bro, like other Forums, colour changed can be annual thing, meaning which year different colour...you can start with RED this year 2010 version, then following year 2011 can do a BLUE and so on.... :wink:

hahas23

fq400 said:
hahas23 said:

bro, like other Forums, colour changed can be annual thing, meaning which year different colour...you can start with RED this year 2010 version, then following year 2011 can do a BLUE and so on.... :wink:

Good suggestion!

I would suggest to use the White wording with the grey track lining and change the black logo to red logo.. And without the red background.

1) Suit all car colours by pasting on "Front, Back or even side" windows :D.

2) Not nd change colour or design yearly.. just standardize. "if keep change colour yearly there will be ppl talking who is 1st or 2nd batch and soo blahh blahh blahh.."

3) If change sticker yearly there will cfm be left over sticker that cant be clear nxt year..

Just a suggestion to all bros.. as im dealing wit other car forum's decal also.. :D:D

hahas23

kenz said:
I would suggest to use the White wording with the grey track lining and change the black logo to red logo.. And without the red background.

1) Suit all car colours by pasting on "Front, Back or even side" windows :D.

2) Not nd change colour or design yearly.. just standardize. "if keep change colour yearly there will be ppl talking who is 1st or 2nd batch and soo blahh blahh blahh.."

3) If change sticker yearly there will cfm be left over sticker that cant be clear nxt year..

Just a suggestion to all bros.. as im dealing wit other car forum's decal also.. :D:D
\

Glad to hear these suggestions! Bro kenz have a point there (speaking from his experience), I personally raise both hands to agree. However, I would have to seek Bro JJ's opinion (as a form of respect) since he's the one who came up with the design.

Secondly, to carry out Bro Kenz's advice means that we can reduce the cost of the decal cos the original design consists of 4 colours while Bro Kenz's suggestion helps to reduce to 3 colours only.

**Bro Kenz, convenient to pm me the contacts of the decal vendors so that I can get a few more quotations. Thanks!

Kiadaw

I imterested in decal too.

JudgeJules decal is cool, but imo , its too busy.

I would suggest keeping it simple.

SOmething like the followings: