Need advices: BMW 525iXL vs Lexus IS250C

panaracer

Well-Known Member
#1
Personally, I know tis would be e rite forum in order to get an objective view.

Scenario s simply: I ve a 2008 BMW 525iXL, features being,
- Inline-6 cylinders, upgraded ECU to better bhp & torque figures.
- New 19" VR forged GT30 wheels.
- suction doors & keyless entry.
- so far after 2yrs, doesn't Bring More Worries.
- nothing else to complain though.......

Now backside itchy, feel like changing to a mid-2009 Lexus IS250 Convertible
- V6, slightly lower power figures.......

Can brothers advise????? Reason to change: maybe change just for e sake of changing.....

Really headache over here...... Is it consider an upgrade or same or downgrade? As e IS s always compared w the 3 series....
 

panaracer

Well-Known Member
#3
rjiole said:
If u r driving the car bro, I think v6 will become v12 in ur hand no worries
bro huat, V6 n Inline-6 r similar la.....

but, do u think its deemed as an upgrade or.......? wat would u do instead?
 
#5
panaracer said:
rjiole said:
If u r driving the car bro, I think v6 will become v12 in ur hand no worries
bro huat, V6 n Inline-6 r similar la.....

but, do u think its deemed as an upgrade or.......? wat would u do instead?
if i were u since i already had a evo liao.. then i like wat i take lo... i wont be like u choose here choose there... u not going to use ur lexus or bimmer to track or drag wat.. then horsepower will never be a issue liao.. go with ur heart buy something u like... dun because of ppl then u choose the wrong one... in the end of the day, its ur ride ur money!! no one reaali have a say :D :D :D
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#6
Not to sound bad. but I think the Lexus IS250 convertible looks really ugly with the roof up.

I would get the Audi S5 convertible if I were you, although its a soft top.
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#11
panaracer said:
ml2spin said:
If you want a convertible experience, why a IS250 droptop?? I prefer the look of a 325 or a A4 anyday...
dun get wat u mean "droptop", bro ian?.......
Means convertible lah.

Anyway, no matter whats your choice, I hope its not the lexus. They made the ugliest convertibles in the world.

The lexus sc430 has been widely regarded as the ugliest convertible in the world. They are now continue the tradition with the IS250-350. By the way, the regular IS250 is ok in looks.

IMO anyway.
 

panaracer

Well-Known Member
#14
Kiadaw said:
If you are longing for hard top, you can't go wrong with this



Can sit 4 also (abiet a bit cramp at the back).
ha ha..... sell my evo X + 525i = the above picture la......

then i ll lose most of my freedom, cos gotta fetch wife n children + maid....... :blackeye:

wah lao, u all say till e ix250C so ugly....... hmm.... gotta target others alr..... :idea: imo, e audis r over priced. to buy an A5 @ $200k w omv of $50k, i rather look at e Godzilla, $210k omv $90+k.......
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#16
panaracer said:
Kiadaw said:
If you are longing for hard top, you can't go wrong with this



Can sit 4 also (abiet a bit cramp at the back).
ha ha..... sell my evo X + 525i = the above picture la......

then i ll lose most of my freedom, cos gotta fetch wife n children + maid....... :blackeye:

wah lao, u all say till e ix250C so ugly....... hmm.... gotta target others alr..... :idea: imo, e audis r over priced. to buy an A5 @ $200k w omv of $50k, i rather look at e Godzilla, $210k omv $90+k.......
Why got GT-R so cheap? Unless you refer to used.
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#17
lefthandpath said:
you're right bro, i still cant find a reason to change to contis. take for example evo x and golf gti, look at the omv and their selling price.
Cannot just see the OMV lah. Yen price high meh. VW have very good build quality, even in the "budget" B&B golf & polo.
 
#18
Kiadaw said:
lefthandpath said:
you're right bro, i still cant find a reason to change to contis. take for example evo x and golf gti, look at the omv and their selling price.
Cannot just see the OMV lah. Yen price high meh. VW have very good build quality, even in the "budget" B&B golf & polo.
i think that explains why in some countries, jap import cars are more expensive than contis. but in singapore context the omv is really a big deal cos of the 10 year coe system.
 
#19
Kiadaw said:
panaracer said:
Kiadaw said:
If you are longing for hard top, you can't go wrong with this



Can sit 4 also (abiet a bit cramp at the back).
ha ha..... sell my evo X + 525i = the above picture la......

then i ll lose most of my freedom, cos gotta fetch wife n children + maid....... :blackeye:

wah lao, u all say till e ix250C so ugly....... hmm.... gotta target others alr..... :idea: imo, e audis r over priced. to buy an A5 @ $200k w omv of $50k, i rather look at e Godzilla, $210k omv $90+k.......
Why got GT-R so cheap? Unless you refer to used.
i think from the start, TS is talking about used car.
 

Similar threads


Top