Idling problem - Idle Control valve ?

Recently, my car had been stalling or showing sign of stalling (low idling and engine light briefly appear).

I suspect it's the Idle Control Valve. Any recommendation for a workshop to get it cleaned instead of replacing ?

silverrn3 said:
Recently, my car had been stalling or showing sign of stalling (low idling and engine light briefly appear).

I suspect it's the Idle Control Valve. Any recommendation for a workshop to get it cleaned instead of replacing ?
Any workship will be able to do the job. Just removed throttle body to wash & also remove 3 small screws on the ISC behind the throttle body to wash it. The ISC does not requires changing unless it is electrical failure as mitsu revised a metal valve from the evo 9 onwards (do not remove TPS sensor from throttle body as it requires adjustments if u do so)

Adjusting Biss screw only mask the problem, the Idle Control Valve is the root cause. Any recommendation for a workshop ? I don't have a regular workshop I that frequent.

silverrn3 said:
Adjusting Biss screw only mask the problem, the Idle Control Valve is the root cause. Any recommendation for a workshop ? I don't have a regular workshop I that frequent.
Try calling uber garage.
If u have boost leak or a failing maf sensor it also exhibit same issues
R u using hks pod filter?

Used to use ARC, and now back to stock. Problem only start recently, so I suspect it's the Idle Control Valve.

Just changed a new set of plugs, no diff.

Took out the Idle Control Valve, Inlet hose, and clean the whole throttlebody with STP Carb Cleaner. Now it's SUPER stable RPM at just slightly below the 750rpm mark ! SMOOTH !

It'll go into the yearly maintenance list !

Genesiz said:
My idling stays above 1200 rpm for 5-7 seconds after I stop at red light. Is this also caused by the idle control valve?
Possible. But it could also be due to a dirty throttle plate. Have ur throttle body & idle valve removed n washed

dvp said:
Genesiz said:
My idling stays above 1200 rpm for 5-7 seconds after I stop at red light. Is this also caused by the idle control valve?
Possible. But it could also be due to a dirty throttle plate. Have ur throttle body & idle valve removed n washed
Thanks going go send in the car today. You really have answers to all questions...

Genesiz said:
dvp said:
Genesiz said:
Thanks going go send in the car today. You really have answers to all questions...

Hi... Did you managed to solve the problem after cleaning the throttle body and idle valve?