I need some help between choosing an E9 gsr and E9 mr.

merpholos

Active Member
#1
Hi peeps.. I'm a noob who needs professional help wif these machines.. Hah.. Just wondering whats the diff between a E9 gsr and E9 mr.. Will greatly appreciate if any bro will help.. Many thanks ! :p
 
#2
merpholos said:
Hi peeps.. I'm a noob who needs professional help wif these machines.. Hah.. Just wondering whats the diff between a E9 gsr and E9 mr.. Will greatly appreciate if any bro will help.. Many thanks ! :p
Umm....the E9 MR is actually a 9.5 or a face lift of the E9. It is available in 2 models, the GSR and the RS unlike the E9 which had 3 models, RS, GT and GSR( full spec). You will find a change in the front bumper, the shocks (if I'm not wrong), red threading on the seats and also a better tuned AYC for GSR model....o, ya, and also cost more at the moment to an E9 GSR. Any bro care to share more.......
 

DoggieHowser

Moderator
Staff member
#3
E9MR has a smaller compressor housing (15 vs 16) on the turbo. Better response but sacrifices topend.

E9 GT/RS used magnesium compressor fins (option on the 9GSR). Very fast response, but generally seems to be less durable. Sometimes seems to be luck of draw, cos know a number who did manage to keep their stock turbo.

E9MR uses titanium/inconel fins which isn't as fast response but shd generally be more durable. As I understand it, the magnesium option is still available on the E9MR (but I doubt many PIs will bring the mag option)

From what I can tell of the E9/9MR front bumper, they look virtually the same, except that the front lip is more aggressive. This is similar to the Ralliart CF lip in design, except it is in body colour.
 

Jessvolution MR

Well-Known Member
#4
boss, don't forget the seat.. red stitched..... swee.. and also some MR TAG on gear shft and back..

lastly.... the biggest diff... only mr come with the med purple metaltic......colour
 

merpholos

Active Member
#7
Ic.. Now i get a clearer picture.. Thanks bros.. But as for performance wise, are they the same? Cos cost of a Gsr and Mr is diff by 10+k.. If i'm not wrong.. So, is there any advise on which ride to take? Thank you peeps once again! :lol:
 

DoggieHowser

Moderator
Staff member
#8
merpholos said:
Ic.. Now i get a clearer picture.. Thanks bros.. But as for performance wise, are they the same? Cos cost of a Gsr and Mr is diff by 10+k.. If i'm not wrong.. So, is there any advise on which ride to take? Thank you peeps once again! :lol:

Uuurghh.. sometimes I don't even know why I bother to post. Did you bother reading!?
 

jezter

Well-Known Member
#9
DoggieHowser said:
merpholos said:
Ic.. Now i get a clearer picture.. Thanks bros.. But as for performance wise, are they the same? Cos cost of a Gsr and Mr is diff by 10+k.. If i'm not wrong.. So, is there any advise on which ride to take? Thank you peeps once again! :lol:

Uuurghh.. sometimes I don't even know why I bother to post. Did you bother reading!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: dun angry dun angry... :lol:
 

Sirium

Well-Known Member
#11
DoggieHowser said:
merpholos said:
Ic.. Now i get a clearer picture.. Thanks bros.. But as for performance wise, are they the same? Cos cost of a Gsr and Mr is diff by 10+k.. If i'm not wrong.. So, is there any advise on which ride to take? Thank you peeps once again! :lol:

Uuurghh.. sometimes I don't even know why I bother to post. Did you bother reading!?
You should not stay in the rain with that black latex suit of yours... can get headache.. thats why you so flusted! But I agree with your response, in any case.
 
#12
yes i think the new Evo 98.7 GT3 Type R is worth getting. Performance vs the Evo 95.0 FM is big big difference.. i write the differnce also u will find it v hard to understand :D
 

Similar threads


Top