HKS EVC 6 Setting§

Keet said:
Apparently I'm not the only one with spike problems on stock turbo.

evo-4b11-general/boost-controller-boost-t36349.html?hilit=spike

Funny thing is that, both my tuners told me that 3 port solenoid will not work. Although I spoke to Alex and he assured me his tune won't have spike.
That is becus ecutek does not have the defination tuning files to control 3 port soleniod.
Open source has full support for 3 port boost soleniod tuning. We can either run it via load based or psi based

dvp said:
Keet said:
Apparently I'm not the only one with spike problems on stock turbo.

evo-4b11-general/boost-controller-boost-t36349.html?hilit=spike

Funny thing is that, both my tuners told me that 3 port solenoid will not work. Although I spoke to Alex and he assured me his tune won't have spike.
That is becus ecutek does not have the defination tuning files to control 3 port soleniod.
Open source has full support for 3 port boost soleniod tuning. We can either run it via load based or psi based
I see. If changing another actuator still doesn't work then guess I'll sell the ecutek and evc to find the 3 port solenoid and open source tuning.

I just did another run. 3rd gear full jab I can hit and hold 1.8 bar for quite a while. Scary

My boost is reading about 0.1 to 0.2 bar more on defi than evc reading. Analog is less accurate than digital? Or am I tapping sensor on wrong place?

Swapped out my actuator. Found a really big weld mark at the turning handle portion. Strange. Not sure who welded it and I'm quite sure previous (first) owner didn't mod anything. In fact he doesn't even know what's an actuator.

Not sure if that affected the performance of the actuator, but now that I put in a replacement stock actuator, the boost spike is much better controlled!

Strange. Mystery of the welded actuator