HKS EVC 6 Setting§

Bought a used evc6 and hoosed it up to my evo X. But workshop doesn't know where to link the wires to read throttle and speed. Are these necesasary? Tuner already tuned my car using ecutek so we are more or less just using the evc to control boost levels on the fly and also to limit boost spike. So we didn't touch the throttle and rpm parameters at all. But thought would be cool to be able to see the throttle and rpm graphs as well. Since the product allows for it.

Any idea where to find the installation manual? Can't find it online. It's the new evc6 that can set 3 boost levels

dvp

The hks evc 6 gives u the option set ur boost based on throttle % & speed. Assuming you have connected these two wires - u'll need to ask your tuner to datalog n retune if the boost curve is different from your intial tune.

So far i havent hooked up throttle and speed so still running on the ecutek map. I had hoped that the evc6 can control my boost spike by allowing to set boost drop settings once it hit above 1.6 bar but car is still spikng to 1.9 bar when i jab the throttle!

Tner has been unsuccessful in tuning out the spike.

Car seems to learn and boost higher and higher and spiking is a problem hat i haent been able to solve.

Any recommendations?

Sst with stock turbo and cat back exhaust. Stock cat still intact

My tuner tells me that 3 port won't work also. Who do you get to tune?
If I'm already running on ecutek, will the EVC override the original map? If I install a 3-port solenoid, will I still need or can continue using the EVC?

dvp

Keet said:
Gonna try ST Powered to tune the EVC 6.
Yes good choice.
They have the HKS prowriter software which enables the evc6 to have much finer tuning perimeters but they probably lock it after tuning it. Do remember to pay your tuner a visit to retune your car as the boost profile & curve will be very much different compared to your previous tune.

Ecutek tuner says don't need to retune as the boost controller is standalone and doesn't affect his tune.

After evc tuning by st powered, they still can't get rid of the spike at throttle jabs. Furukawa said he saw my stock actuator look like there is a weld mark. But he can't be sure. I'm quite sure my turbo and actuator are bone stock but given the spikes, I'm wondering if it's really the actuator. Could it be the aussie spec actuator is welded to comply with emmissions standards? He said maybe the actuator can't fully open due to a shortened rod so explains the spike.

Or is it sst all spike like that? I read it online

Keet said:
Ecutek tuner says don't need to retune as the boost controller is standalone and doesn't affect his tune.

After evc tuning by st powered, they still can't get rid of the spike at throttle jabs. Furukawa said he saw my stock actuator look like there is a weld mark. But he can't be sure. I'm quite sure my turbo and actuator are bone stock but given the spikes, I'm wondering if it's really the actuator. Could it be the aussie spec actuator is welded to comply with emmissions standards? He said maybe the actuator can't fully open due to a shortened rod so explains the spike.

How did u hook up your evc? Running fresh vacumn hoses from turbo outlet & also actuator to the evc boost soleniod?

DextAa

Keet said:
My tuner tells me that 3 port won't work also. Who do you get to tune?
If I'm already running on ecutek, will the EVC override the original map? If I install a 3-port solenoid, will I still need or can continue using the EVC?

3port confirms able to work on Evos... Quite a fair bit of guys are on 3port... Even if u surf the USA evox and evom forums, they are strong advocates for 3ports....... Suppose ur tuner is edge ken right... He is very well verse in Subaru rides thou...

dvp said:
Keet said:

How did u hook up your evc? Running fresh vacumn hoses from turbo outlet & also actuator to the evc boost soleniod?
Not very sure. I think so. Maybe I will try installing another stock actuator to see if my actuator really is faulty.

Or should I just change to an aftermarket actuator and retune?
According to furukawa, the stock actuator in my car can only loosen and tighten a bit

Keet said:
According to furukawa, the stock actuator in my car can only loosen and tighten a bit
There is enough screw threads on a stock acutator to make ur engine blow
LOL
Dun waste money on a new one, u only need minimal adjustment
Check & see if it is too tight at preload cus it you are spiking too high

dvp said:
Keet said:
LOL
Perhaps he is unfamiliar with evo x stock actuator then? Cos he said he thought he saw a weld mark and commented that he can't adjust much on actuator. I tried loosening all the way until no more spring tension liao. Still will spike. Or should I buy another stock actuator to see if will still spike?
Now boost builds normally without spike if I shift up at redline.
Problem is when off boost on brakes (like Turn2), then jab throttle and hold, boost will spike to about 180+kpa on evc. On defi shows almost 2 bar

Keet said:
dvp said:
Keet said:
LOL
Perhaps he is unfamiliar with evo x stock actuator then? Cos he said he thought he saw a weld mark and commented that he can't adjust much on actuator. I tried loosening all the way until no more spring tension liao. Still will spike. Or should I buy another stock actuator to see if will still spike?
Now boost builds normally without spike if I shift up at redline.
Problem is when off boost on brakes (like Turn2), then jab throttle and hold, boost will spike to about 180+kpa on evc. On defi shows almost 2 bar
Did u check your vacumn hoses feeding to the evc soleniod? Did u run new lines or re-used back some of the lines? Cus there are pill restrictors in the stock soleniod lines that will cause spikes if u use it for a aftermarket ebc

I used all the new EVC lines leh. All new vacuum hoses from the HKS EVC. My car would spike even before the EVC and I thought the EVC will stop the problem. Probably will spend a bit on another used stock actuator and let them retune to see if that is the cause of the problem

Which is more accurate? Defi or EVC display?

Keet said:
I used all the new EVC lines leh. All new vacuum hoses from the HKS EVC. My car would spike even before the EVC and I thought the EVC will stop the problem. Probably will spend a bit on another used stock actuator and let them retune to see if that is the cause of the problem

None - reading factory map sensor via your tuner's datalog would be most accurate
Try lowering your boost in the meantime, 4B11T is not at robust for 2.0bar esp wen u r on the stock turbo - early torque kills the engine, not hp

dvp said:
Keet said:

None - reading factory map sensor via your tuner's datalog would be most accurate
Try lowering your boost in the meantime, 4B11T is not at robust for 2.0bar esp wen u r on the stock turbo - early torque kills the engine, not hp
Roger that. Will swap another stock actuator and revert findings.