Hi newbie here. Neeed some help.

Hi all.

I'm new here & need some advice from the experienced bros here on if it's possible to change the front & rear brake pads onan Evo 9 at any outside ws?

Maybe I can buy the OEM pads somewhere & bring to ws to change.

Anybody got some good advice on where to buy the pads & where to have them changed & the charges involved.

I don't want to bring to See N See cos their charges r :angryfire:

Thanks guys. :)

Of cos you can. Why don't you consider after market pads? Maybe you can try Project Mu Pads @ standford tyres.

2 cents worth

masschaoz

pisces69 said:
Hi all.

I'm new here & need some advice from the experienced bros here on if it's possible to change the front & rear brake pads onan Evo 9 at any outside ws?

Anybody got some good advice on where to buy the pads & where to have them changed & the charges involved.

yup.. its ok to go to any outside workshop.. i bought my car from them too.. never went back after 1st service.. went back cos they owe me stuff.. dun use the OEM pads.. they r not good.. can choose any brands like project mu, delphi, endless, APP

OK Thanks all you guys for your quick replies.

I notice many say NOT to use OEM pads. Why is this?

I don't whack the car & it's basically used as a grocery getter only. :roll:

Performance pads might not function well when cold.

Can anybody advise where I can get the OEM pads & how much wud they cost?

I will consider other brands but still prefer to stay stock as far as possible.

monster1708 said:
any pro evo workshop will do the job well. change to after market pads better den stock pads..
====================

Anybody changed their front & rear pads at outside WS before. Can advise how much they charge. If u got breakdown for parts & labour charges wud b best.

Thanks. :)

pisces69 said:

A set of aftermarket pads might not necessary mean high performance. There are applications for "fast street" use as well.

A 0-500 degree pair would be ideal for direct replacement on street usage and will have no adverse effects when cold as opposed to a pair of 200-800 degree ones.

Depending on brands, they can range from $150 up for a fast street application. I'm sure the OEM ones are probably around there anyway. So you might as well go aftermarket.

If6was9 said:
pisces69 said:

A set of aftermarket pads might not necessary mean high performance. There are applications for "fast street" use as well.

A 0-500 degree pair would be ideal for direct replacement on street usage and will have no adverse effects when cold as opposed to a pair of 200-800 degree ones.

Depending on brands, they can range from $150 up for a fast street application. I'm sure the OEM ones are probably around there anyway. So you might as well go aftermarket.
==================

OK thanks buddy.

Any idea where I can get the street & OEM pads from?

ghoonk

Depends on which brand and model you are looking for. You've said that your car is a daily driver for getting you from A to B. if so, you can either get Ferodo Premier which are similar in performance to the OEM Brembo pads, but are significantly cheaper. You should be able to get this at most workshops. i used to get mine from CK Motors in AMK Autopoint #01-02.

If you want some good pads for spirited driving on street, with good initial bite, and plan to see some track action during the lifetime of the pads, you can consider getting Endless Super Street (0 to 500 deg) which doesn't dust too much and are not too aggressive on the rotors. You can get Endless from MB Performance in Paya Ubi

I've never seen a good set of fast street pads go for $150. Most of them are in the region of $350 to $400. I never skimp on money spent getting the right pads and tyres as being able to stop or have good grip is more important that being able to accelerate.

pisces69 said:
Hi all.

The original equipment brake pads manufacturer for Brembo is "Ferrodo" you can get it at any workshop try Jason at Lim Tan Motor, u can also get it from Autobacs / Stamford Tires / Mcwell Ventures I think about $250 per pair.

ghoonk

Extreme Performance said:
pisces69 said:
Hi all.

The original equipment brake pads manufacturer for Brembo is "Ferrodo" you can get it at any workshop try Jason at Lim Tan Motor, u can also get it from Autobacs / Stamford Tires / Mcwell Ventures I think about $250 per pair.
You are probably referring to the Ferodo Premier, and yes, that is an OEM replacement pad. Not great, and not recommended for even light track