Finally Some Info On EVO X From Mit. Japan.

Pikachu

jwunevo said:
jus saw a batch of new lancers in PSA (Port of Singapore Authority), ready to launch but don think e Xs are here yet to export.
Nope those are the Lancer 2008. Think PIs are getting the X in Oct ......

funksoulbro said:
wow...8MR is doing 400Nm...wats the torque for E9 or E9MR anyone?
the 9GSR MR delivers 400NM/3,000; RS MR 407NM/3,000..

but thinking of the potential kerb weight difference, the E8s and 9s may still be teeny-weeny bit faster assuming our left arm and leg is as fast as DSG lah.. :wink:

but still the new evo x bbs rims are real pretty imho !

two.8.two said:
funksoulbro said:
wow...8MR is doing 400Nm...wats the torque for E9 or E9MR anyone?
the 9GSR MR delivers 400NM/3,000; RS MR 407NM/3,000..

but thinking of the potential kerb weight difference, the E8s and 9s may still be teeny-weeny bit faster assuming our left arm and leg is as fast as DSG lah.. :wink:

but still the new evo x bbs rims are real pretty imho !
oh...evo9GSR/RS MR peaks at 3000...thats fast. The specs same as E9 GSR/GT/RS? 9MR got GT?

The 9MR GT (JDM) is actually a hatchback and produces 392NM/3,000.. there's also a auto known as the GTA but this one max torque only 343NM/3,000..

Don't have the exact specs on the E9s though but i would reckon it would be very similar..

two.8.two said:
The 9MR GT (JDM) is actually a hatchback and produces 392NM/3,000.. there's also a auto known as the GTA but this one max torque only 343NM/3,000..

Don't have the exact specs on the E9s though but i would reckon it would be very similar..
oh is it the wagon? anyway, tks bro!

Privateer

Strangezz said:
The Evo X will prob be faster ard a circuit compared to the E9s but at the most equal if not slower down a straight line.
Not too sure about that... although the curb weight is heavier the gearing is shorter, plus there is the auto gearbox... :alien:

Pikachu

Privateer said:
Strangezz said:
The Evo X will prob be faster ard a circuit compared to the E9s but at the most equal if not slower down a straight line.
Not too sure about that... although the curb weight is heavier the gearing is shorter, plus there is the auto gearbox... :alien:
Now you confusing me....hehehe....I thought the EVO X is sequential gear box pretty much like the Golf GTi DSG? If it is, than its not an auto because no torque converter and does not have sun and planet gearing....

I was kind of thinking whether the stock box is able to hold down big power (400 to 500hp) without massive upgrading of the system...

Privateer

Pikachu said:
Now you confusing me....hehehe....I thought the EVO X is sequential gear box pretty much like the Golf GTi DSG? If it is, than its not an auto because no torque converter and does not have sun and planet gearing....
DSG, SMG/II, Selespeed, Tip-tronic, new Evo X SST etc semi-automatic gearboxes and full automatic gearboxes are classified as "Automatic transmissions".[1]

Of course the implementation details are different but the original point still holds, which is to
say, it shifts faster than a human could.

I would be interested in seeing where you derived the "not an auto because no torque converter and does not have sun and planet gearing" definition because it flies in the face of generally-accepted industry definition of an automatic gearbox. e.g. wet engagement clutch instead of hydrodynamic torque converter for CVT.

[1] Bosch Automotive Handbook 6th Edition, pg 743

Privateer said:
Strangezz said:
is it truly a auto, i mean the sst...some says its not.