EVO X SST is Better OR 5-Speed-mt GSR..

HAOZ

New Member
#1
hello i am new here, ^^..

anyone advice me here?

to take a EVO X manual or SST? because i am getting it soon, and i dont know , should i wait for the new facelift models...

thanks for advice guys..
 

burnings

Well-Known Member
#2
HAOZ said:
hello i am new here, ^^..

anyone advice me here?

to take a EVO X manual or SST? because i am getting it soon, and i dont know , should i wait for the new facelift models...

thanks for advice guys..
GSR 09 model.... :)
 

HAOZ

New Member
#3
thanks bro ^^... so i will wait for the GSR 2009 facelift... but do you know when the EVO X facelift open to market? when does it reach singapore?
 
#4
HAOZ said:
thanks bro ^^... so i will wait for the GSR 2009 facelift... but do you know when the EVO X facelift open to market? when does it reach singapore?

Garage R already have the GSR (5 speed) for sale already. I think the pricing between 08 & 09 manual version is about $12k to $15K difference. Not much improvement for manual except for an additional 20 BHP but for SST, is an improved version. Happy shopping.
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#5
Actually there is already a post just a few thread down on the pros & con of SST vs Manual. :)

As for 09 vs 08 model, I think it is mainly cosmetic. Mainly interior facelift with more chrome & compartments & jacks for Ipod. It is better you take a look for yourself the differences before deciding.

IMO, it looks nicer & more refine, but is it 12k better? For me a big no.

But if you have deep pocket, then by all means, get the latest model. And for those that are wondering, the extra compartment & cup holder cover is not an add on, & is mounted on a new console, hence not upgradable. You can however change the taillights (red to black, or the other way round) & chrome trim (except the climate control area).
 

viperdrv

Well-Known Member
#6
Kiadaw said:
Actually there is already a post just a few thread down on the pros & con of SST vs Manual. :)

As for 09 vs 08 model, I think it is mainly cosmetic. Mainly interior facelift with more chrome & compartments & jacks for Ipod. It is better you take a look for yourself the differences before deciding.

IMO, it looks nicer & more refine, but is it 12k better? For me a big no.

But if you have deep pocket, then by all means, get the latest model. And for those that are wondering, the extra compartment & cup holder cover is not an add on, & is mounted on a new console, hence not upgradable. You can however change the taillights (red to black, or the other way round) & chrome trim (except the climate control area).
Chrome trim can be bought from Creative ..
as is the compartment and cover .. so everything is upgradeable .. like you said .. is it worth the 12k ..
 

HAOZ

New Member
#7
because now the market no blue colour Evo X GSR for sale... only 2009 have blue colour.. so i sian already.. the market left white/red/sliver/black
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#8
viperdrv said:
Kiadaw said:
Actually there is already a post just a few thread down on the pros & con of SST vs Manual. :)

As for 09 vs 08 model, I think it is mainly cosmetic. Mainly interior facelift with more chrome & compartments & jacks for Ipod. It is better you take a look for yourself the differences before deciding.

IMO, it looks nicer & more refine, but is it 12k better? For me a big no.

But if you have deep pocket, then by all means, get the latest model. And for those that are wondering, the extra compartment & cup holder cover is not an add on, & is mounted on a new console, hence not upgradable. You can however change the taillights (red to black, or the other way round) & chrome trim (except the climate control area).
Chrome trim can be bought from Creative ..
as is the compartment and cover .. so everything is upgradeable .. like you said .. is it worth the 12k ..
Chrome trim has always been available since the beginning & is a replacement or add on (not sure which). Compartment, cover & ipod port are not upgradeable however. I have personaly go down C&C showroom to check the interior on the new Lancer GT. It can't be upgrade unless you change the whole center console, which I doubt is practically possible. Maybe someone will exchange with you or you need to buy the whole console (if it is even possible) which my bet is anywhere north of $2k, exclude installation.

Yap, it is still not 12k however way you add up.
 
#10
HAOZ said:
because now the market no blue colour Evo X GSR for sale... only 2009 have blue colour.. so i sian already.. the market left white/red/sliver/black
take white or red lah...nice mah. For me i will take red...
 

oldman61

Active Member
#11
if you consider it as a 12K saving....tahan 2nd best colour. Mod until you satisfied liao then change to a "loud" colour or your signature colour lor....maybe like the "lukam" (mandarin orange) colour since CNY round the corner :mrgreen:

Also it depends la. When I book my E10, C&C and PI price diff is 9K plus only. However bear in mind, apart from the added details like the chrome grill, fog light, velvet lining colour, chrome trimmimg, plus they gave me 4pcs of new tires FOC and also my OMV is higher than PI at that time by 10K.... mai tu liao lor C&C haha
 

HAOZ

New Member
#12
oldman61 said:
if you consider it as a 12K saving....tahan 2nd best colour. Mod until you satisfied liao then change to a "loud" colour or your signature colour lor....maybe like the "lukam" (mandarin orange) colour since CNY round the corner :mrgreen:

Also it depends la. When I book my E10, C&C and PI price diff is 9K plus only. However bear in mind, apart from the added details like the chrome grill, fog light, velvet lining colour, chrome trimmimg, plus they gave me 4pcs of new tires FOC and also my OMV is higher than PI at that time by 10K.... mai tu liao lor C&C haha


lol thanks bro, but i am still thinking which transmission should i take^^...

the SST got my blue colour lol, and the GSR only have red/white..

stress leh dont know take auto or manual..
 
#13
HAOZ said:
oldman61 said:
if you consider it as a 12K saving....tahan 2nd best colour. Mod until you satisfied liao then change to a "loud" colour or your signature colour lor....maybe like the "lukam" (mandarin orange) colour since CNY round the corner :mrgreen:

Also it depends la. When I book my E10, C&C and PI price diff is 9K plus only. However bear in mind, apart from the added details like the chrome grill, fog light, velvet lining colour, chrome trimmimg, plus they gave me 4pcs of new tires FOC and also my OMV is higher than PI at that time by 10K.... mai tu liao lor C&C haha


lol thanks bro, but i am still thinking which transmission should i take^^...

the SST got my blue colour lol, and the GSR only have red/white..

stress leh dont know take auto or manual..
Along the lines of your difficult decision-making, can anyone share if he/she has ever needed to change the clutch or clutches in the twin clutch SST system? Expensive???

Yeek
 

oldman61

Active Member
#14
lol thanks bro, but i am still thinking which transmission should i take^^...

the SST got my blue colour lol, and the GSR only have red/white..

stress leh dont know take auto or manual..[/quote]

Alamak apparently your choice is clear liao la. To change colour in future is a lot easier than to change transmission.
 

Kiadaw

Well-Known Member
#15
Yeek said:
HAOZ said:
oldman61 said:
if you consider it as a 12K saving....tahan 2nd best colour. Mod until you satisfied liao then change to a "loud" colour or your signature colour lor....maybe like the "lukam" (mandarin orange) colour since CNY round the corner :mrgreen:

Also it depends la. When I book my E10, C&C and PI price diff is 9K plus only. However bear in mind, apart from the added details like the chrome grill, fog light, velvet lining colour, chrome trimmimg, plus they gave me 4pcs of new tires FOC and also my OMV is higher than PI at that time by 10K.... mai tu liao lor C&C haha


lol thanks bro, but i am still thinking which transmission should i take^^...

the SST got my blue colour lol, and the GSR only have red/white..

stress leh dont know take auto or manual..
Along the lines of your difficult decision-making, can anyone share if he/she has ever needed to change the clutch or clutches in the twin clutch SST system? Expensive???

Yeek
I also wanted to know the cost of transmission change. :D Anyone?

Anyway, I am the type that will rather wait for the car I wanted , then to get something that I didn't like as much. If not next time in future see other's ride, then say " damn, should have wait a little longer".

At most, have a few weeks without car. No biggie, afterall, we have "world class" public transport in Singapore.
 
#17
HAOZ said:
oldman61 said:
if you consider it as a 12K saving....tahan 2nd best colour. Mod until you satisfied liao then change to a "loud" colour or your signature colour lor....maybe like the "lukam" (mandarin orange) colour since CNY round the corner :mrgreen:

Also it depends la. When I book my E10, C&C and PI price diff is 9K plus only. However bear in mind, apart from the added details like the chrome grill, fog light, velvet lining colour, chrome trimmimg, plus they gave me 4pcs of new tires FOC and also my OMV is higher than PI at that time by 10K.... mai tu liao lor C&C haha


lol thanks bro, but i am still thinking which transmission should i take^^...

the SST got my blue colour lol, and the GSR only have red/white..

stress leh dont know take auto or manual..
depends on wat u are comfy with...some said sst shifts faster than manual...i think is true. Then again, i think manual cars are more engaging in a way.
 

HAOZ

New Member
#18
if i want to mod next time, should i take GSR? because i think modding a SST is more expensive..
i want the car to be fun, fast on straights and cornering...
 
#19
Yeek said:
Another difference I noticed....apparently the 5MT has intercooler spray but the SST does not have :O I wonder why?

Yeek
bro u r right i didnt noe there is no intercooler spray. i was looking for it tt day thinkin it was hidding some where.
 
#20
ADRIANEO said:
Yeek said:
Another difference I noticed....apparently the 5MT has intercooler spray but the SST does not have :O I wonder why?

Yeek
bro u r right i didnt noe there is no intercooler spray. i was looking for it tt day thinkin it was hidding some where.
Ya man.....does anyone know why this is the case?

Yeek
 

Similar threads