Evo unable to start

Hi i have experience this twice... unable to crank it successfully... strangely "Steering wheel lock" message appears... and when this message appears , im unable to start the evo X.... and after a few attempts of cranking, my spark plugs are flushed with fuel... in the end i had to remove the relays, crank again, to let it flush out.... put back relay and able to crank... however both times battery drained out and needed a recharge.... question is how do i unlock the steering wheel lock and does this prevent the car from starting?

evoviper said:
Hi i have experience this twice... unable to crank it successfully... strangely "Steering wheel lock" message appears... and when this message appears , im unable to start the evo X.... and after a few attempts of cranking, my spark plugs are flushed with fuel... in the end i had to remove the relays, crank again, to let it flush out.... put back relay and able to crank... however both times battery drained out and needed a recharge.... question is how do i unlock the steering wheel lock and does this prevent the car from starting?
Perhaps u can try to turn the key to max n give the steering wheel a couple of turns to check if it is in locked position before cranking

i did turn the key to the max just before it crank... steering wheel was locked mode.... then i continued to turn and then it was ok ...but couldnt start.... wonder did anyone had same issue? so far i only saw that error twice in the last 7-8 months

evoviper said:
i did turn the key to the max just before it crank... steering wheel was locked mode.... then i continued to turn and then it was ok ...but couldnt start.... wonder did anyone had same issue? so far i only saw that error twice in the last 7-8 months
Could be an impending fuel pump check valve intermittent failure.
In normal operation mode this check valve would ensure that the fuel flows in one direction the moment it receives power supply

evoviper said:
it seems to happen twice so far... so dont know if workshop can check
No way to check except to remove fuel pump
N blow into the check valve ball seat
Time for u to change a new fuel pump n new petrol fiter