EVO MR Version - Finally arrives

Darkevo

mm..The revision/timing of the 'uprated' TC-SST' doesn't instill too much confidence, does it? oh well, better to continuously improve/evolve than maintaining what i'll effectively view as a beta status quo. :?

DoggieHowser

Staff member
Darkevo.. the name itself (like yours) suggests the car is a part of the gradual evolution of technologies (tho I'd say the E9MR was a step backwards)

We didn't get to the E9 in a single step but an evolution from the earlier Evos to the Evo7 (AYC/ACD) to 8 (6 speed + SAYCII) to 8MR (aluminium roof and improved block)...

Darkevo

hehe, agree..keywords now being 'beta', 'marketing', 'recalls' & 'patch'. I'm all for continuous improvements (CI), in fact, my 5-yr thesis was principally based on CI as well. I'm very eager to see what mitsu'll hv to say regarding the TC-SST improvements, if any, to be specified for the next evo incarnate. :)

Darkevo

:D yep..2001-2002; i was drivng a 1.6cvt locally, and an assortment of used cars up in Edinburgh..nothing quite as exotique as the new VII then..but i've heard, and do agree with many gray importers (UK) that such teething issues should be eradicated before a compromised faith develops amongst the mainstream..by then, there'll be neither technical rights nor wrongs, just the laic public opinion :( (ah well, it applies to everythg, i've digressed) :bigsmurf:

Strangezz

Looks like Mitsubishi starting to copy aft-mkt bumpers for their production cars. I remember the E9 front bumper was also similar to the Gialla front bumper for E8 esp the 2 openings at the bottom on both sides of the I/C opening. :D

hahas23

I've checked with C&C, as well as Creative Sports, before I bought my 5MT in June, they confirmed as at then they won't be bringing in the MR. Have also added that the MR is only available to the Euro & U.S market (din ask them why). Looks like the P.Is maybe the only source.

DoggieHowser

Staff member
hahas23 said:
I've checked with C&C, as well as Creative Sports, before I bought my 5MT in June, they confirmed as at then they won't be bringing in the MR. Have also added that the MR is only available to the Euro & U.S market (din ask them why). Looks like the P.Is maybe the only source.
*sigh* herein lies the confusion.

The MR in JDM models refers to a WHOLE DIFFERENT (sub)GENERATION OF THE CAR.

Evo9 = 2004? and you have 3 trims: RS GT GSR
Evo9MR = 2006: you have 2 trims: RS GSR
Evo X = 2007: you have 2 trims: RS GSR (available in 5MT or 6SST) where GSR (both versions are available with Premium Package ie BBS rims/Bilstein suspension etc)

In the US, the MR is a different TRIM of the car and the generations are denoted by Manufacturing Year (MY). So you have for example: Evolution MY 2008 in 3 trims: RS (5MT), GSR (5MT) and MR (6SST with Premium Package)

Here we are talking abt the Evo X MR JDM specs which will be the next generation of the car.

DoggieHowser

Staff member
hahas23 said:
Hahas! Thanks for the clarification. So we're talking about the Evo X JDM.

It's really confusing when u have a "MR" as a trim for differentiating the different specs that one is selling. Got the "misleading info" from the US. 'Sounds' like the same specs in the 1st tread.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/ ... ?loc=en-us
No, the specs ARE NOT THE SAME

The first article says:
Driven by an uprated version of the brand’s SST double-clutch transmission....

Already stiff in the buttocks as a performance saloon, engineers have sent the car over to their nearest workout centre for extra hard padding on the rear end, making things even stiffer for sharper handling. Cosmetics have not been left out either, with extra vents and air intakes on the front end to help improve cooling.