Defective Tyre

AhBao9388

Anyone encounter such issue and send for claim?

What conclusion was given?
I was told the usual practice is base on the usage you have used left over, they will compensate base on that. i thought i found it ridiculous and unacceptable, if i loose my life due to it how on earth can they compensate? i was told to buy a new one then wait for some report, this is as good as telling me that my fault that i didnt know its a defective tyre wat? LST was very nice to loan mi a replacement stockrim/tyre to use 1st. now car damn kuku with 3 aftermarket and 1 stockie

i am not gonna name the brand as i suppose every tyre has sure got one sway one and i happen to have that sway tyre :D

dvp

AhBao9388 said:

I was told the usual practice is base on the usage you have used left over, they will compensate base on that. i thought i found it ridiculous and unacceptable, if i loose my life due to it how on earth can they compensate? i was told to buy a new one then wait for some report, this is as good as telling me that my fault that i didnt know its a defective tyre wat? LST was very nice to loan mi a replacement stockrim/tyre to use 1st. now car damn kuku with 3 aftermarket and 1 stockie

i am not gonna name the brand as i suppose every tyre has sure got one sway one and i happen to have that sway tyre :D
I understand that the standard practise is that they will still compensate a brand new tyre but get the owner to pay for the pro-rated usage
I think i know the brand cus a fellow brother had a set of relatively new tyre bursting when the tyre shop was inflating & rotating his tyres!!!

AhBao9388

but its defective, why should one be paying for their mistake? luckily the bro one burst while at the tyre shop. i told them they count themselves lucky that i am back alive talking to them as i went up north with it.

dvp

AhBao9388 said:
but its defective, why should one be paying for their mistake? luckily the bro one burst while at the tyre shop. i told them they count themselves lucky that i am back alive talking to them as i went up north with it.

yup, the owner was pretty shocked wen it went boomz...he was really lucky...

evokch

IMO, where the tyre is unfit for its purpose (in short, it's a manufacturer's defect), that tyre must be replaced regardless of whether it has been used or not. In any event, how is a consumer to know whether a tyre is defective or not unless it runs on the road i.e. used. This is commonsensical and does not make the warranty any less enforceable as a matter of consumer rights.

The above said, the warranty is likely to be confined to a defined period of time or mileage, whichever is earlier. Otherwise, a new tyre owner could return after clocking say 22K km and argue that the tyre burst because of inherent defect, in which case it is unreasonable to assert the consumer right in such circumstances.

Here, kudos to LS for their customer service.

If that defective new tyre is of a reputable brand (i.e. I call it "one of the usual suspects"), then the issue must be resolved in favour of the consumer, barring any abuse to it. The last thing that the manufacturer would dread to face is bad publicity over the web saying that defective tyres are actually rolled out for sales under the very noses of such reputable manufacturers.

In such clear instances, consumer rights must be asserted. Using a crude example, no consumer would expect to walk into a showroom expecting to purchase a car of which the turbo or traction control breaks down after the purchase!

AhBao9388

having say this, it was argue that the tyre went thru high usage. tyres are already about 10000km on the road but before that vibration has already been felt (around 5000km) and thought kinda normal due to not drive for a long time and flat spot since it was always parked on weekdays during those period before i start to drive it daily.
look around in the forum and was mentioned even that slight vibration seems to be normal till i return from north. i thought my new car cv joint or steering rack gone.

but this is rather amazing claim procedure that i ever heard of. mine pretty bad shape the part where the tyre swollen is in the inner side which one wouldnt be able to see it and worse thing is the side wall had a crack.

lanchiaolang

Is that the brand of the tyre that is distributed by a large shop v near Lavendar?

AhBao9388 said:

khaychun

bro is the brand federal? If so, do u noe where is the distributor cos mine burst at the tyre shop :lol:

AhBao9388 said:
having say this, it was argue that the tyre went thru high usage. tyres are already about 10000km on the road but before that vibration has already been felt (around 5000km) and thought kinda normal due to not drive for a long time and flat spot since it was always parked on weekdays during those period before i start to drive it daily.
look around in the forum and was mentioned even that slight vibration seems to be normal till i return from north. i thought my new car cv joint or steering rack gone.

but this is rather amazing claim procedure that i ever heard of. mine pretty bad shape the part where the tyre swollen is in the inner side which one wouldnt be able to see it and worse thing is the side wall had a crack.

evokch

WHAT?! Thanks for sharing. A few of my friends using Federal. :?

This is what I meant by "ho kwah bo ho jiah" (literally translated, "nice to see not nice to eat"). Dude, do have your tyres replaced with good ones for your safety and others on board your ride!

SAFETY is paramount insofar as tyre is the only contact point between the ride and the road. Cannot afford to take tyre defect lightly. :twisted:

khaychun said:
bro is the brand federal? If so, do u noe where is the distributor cos mine burst at the tyre shop :lol:

AhBao9388 said:

AhBao9388

lanchiaolang said:
Is that the brand of the tyre that is distributed by a large shop v near Lavendar?

AhBao9388 said:

A check with the telephone number that is given. location is in Jurong. Its been afew days liao. the guy was nice to promise to follow up with me. now no soul liao. i guess would have to go back to LS 1st before i go to the distributor and take a screw driver and poke him hehe

AhBao9388

khaychun said:

AhBao9388 said:

erm haha u picha lobang no fun one leh. one bro was telling me about ur encounter. still nt that bad leh. in my case i was travelling at NSHW leh. if burst i dont think i will still be typing this.
KPO just to make sure. you running 265/30/19 also ah?
so burst liao hw? u didnt make noise and just bought another one ah?

AhBao9388

Seriously, the tyres are really good for value money. i have been using it since my evos till my ctr and now my audi. i have gone thru countless of sets for the past 5years. got supporter award boh hehe
i suppose this issue is isolated and that will not make me condem the brand. i will still buy them seriously.
but the question in mind is the way the claiming is done is not acceptable by me. i mean how would i know it is defective in the 1st place. i am no engineer leh. only got to drive for a mileage then i got this shit. how can say will pro-rate on the new tyre base on the defective thread wear left over. sound kinda ridiculous right?
tell me about high usage. wat is consider high usage? then those europe country travel one time is call wat? extreme usage? defective means defective dont bulls here and there. poke poke you then you know hehe :lol:

AhBao9388

Just to being up this thread, its been a freaking 2mths and still no news of the claim.
I am very pissed off with the Singapore side and has made a phone call to the factory directly just now. the ppl are very nice to accomodate to my request to see if there is any claim and will revert me. hopfully they will otherwise seems no way out for me liao.

khaychun

I had the tyres checked n realized it wasnt due to defect. it was driven when the tyre was almost flat, severely damaging the side wall, thus resulting in the burst. brought it to the distributor, have to say tat their svc was very gd, gave me an extremely gd price for a new tyre, on top of other freebies. :D I think its gd to periodically chk tyre, which I am doing now in case mine burst while on the run. *touchwood*

AhBao9388 said:
khaychun said:

AhBao9388 said:

erm haha u picha lobang no fun one leh. one bro was telling me about ur encounter. still nt that bad leh. in my case i was travelling at NSHW leh. if burst i dont think i will still be typing this.
KPO just to make sure. you running 265/30/19 also ah?
so burst liao hw? u didnt make noise and just bought another one ah?

AhBao9388

khaychun said:
I had the tyres checked n realized it wasnt due to defect. it was driven when the tyre was almost flat, severely damaging the side wall, thus resulting in the burst. brought it to the distributor, have to say tat their svc was very gd, gave me an extremely gd price for a new tyre, on top of other freebies. :D I think its gd to periodically chk tyre, which I am doing now in case mine burst while on the run. *touchwood*
wow y u have good service one i don have :( sianx loh
the service manager told me 2 weeks but i gave them 1mth before i went back to them and ask. i remember he still can tell me a salesman is following up and will update either me or LS but KNS loh don have loh.
1st thing also didnt check the tyre properly then tell me later he went to recheck and mounted then saw it. wow kaoz! isnt the crack on the side wall so obvious? and LS actually uses white marker and pin point all the faults i wonder if he is colour blind to white lolx.
when i wanted to speak to upper management, then he bother to check and said is on the account side and will revert. i waited for another 2weeks and my paitence really run out. i called up the factory this morning and the guy steve handled it very well. called at 10am and before lunch time i already got a reply from them. was told that the distributor here submitted their consolidated claim 2days ago.
to speed things up, my case was look into immediately and they had actually revert back to the distributor here to give me a reply which i hope soon. so i suppose i just give them another 2weeks?

khaychun said:
you might want to consider getting a TPMS to prevent a repeat incident