Clutch

Dear bros,

Currently modding my e9 gsr... Ahh... should be considered quite heavily modded la....
Will be dyno tuning my car soon... but havent change clutch yet... keke
Initially intended to simply stick to my stock clutch but was told that the stock clutch will slip completely during the dyno... hence the risk of possibly wasting the whole session.

Any bros here have experience dyno tuning their modded car on stock clutch? Can advise whether if I should change the clutch b4 the tuning?
If so any recommendations what brands and where I can get them? Pocket abit broke liaoz... keke so likely not ats or ogura la.

Any advise is welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!
Steven

masschaoz

Propeller81 said:
Dear bros,

Currently modding my e9 gsr... Ahh... should be considered quite heavily modded la....
Will be dyno tuning my car soon... but havent change clutch yet... keke
Initially intended to simply stick to my stock clutch but was told that the stock clutch will slip completely during the dyno... hence the risk of possibly wasting the whole session.

Any bros here have experience dyno tuning their modded car on stock clutch? Can advise whether if I should change the clutch b4 the tuning?
If so any recommendations what brands and where I can get them? Pocket abit broke liaoz... keke so likely not ats or ogura la.

Any advise is welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!
Steven
u shd change ur clutch b4 going for dyno tune.. can try exedy twin plate.. quite cheap.. ST selling at 1.9k only i think..

Sirium

Amazing... spending at least S$2-3k becos worried of wasting a S$200 dyno session.... Anyway, am using an ATS carbon clutch which I reckon the plate needs to be changed soon.

Keke :D ... troubled becos I dun want my baby to be stuck in the garage for too long... just changed some parts which definitely require tuning before I can smack my baby hard .... so if dyno session wasted... will waste some more time .... considering that I had already left my bi**h in the workshop for 2 wks liaoz...quite sianz u knw:?

Can bros here advice whether if the stock clutch will slip so badly or not huh?

Cheers!
Steven :lol:

masschaoz

Propeller81 said:
Keke :D ... troubled becos I dun want my baby to be stuck in the garage for too long... just changed some parts which definitely require tuning before I can smack my baby hard .... so if dyno session wasted... will waste some more time .... considering that I had already left my bi**h in the workshop for 2 wks liaoz...quite sianz u knw:?

Can bros here advice whether if the stock clutch will slip so badly or not huh?

Cheers!
Steven :lol:
prob ur stock clutch wont be much useable after ur tuning session on the dyno.. 2 weeks?? u muz be doing major works man. hehe... if ur clutch slips during tuning, prob u wont maximize the potential of ur mods..

Sirium

AhBao9388 said:
even stock clutch will slip wif the stock car wat do u say heehee
The stock clutch will slip on anything if you dun take care of it (e.g. wearing it down thru unnecessary slipping during daily driving). So, such general statements do not give proper impression to others. My stock clutch was deemed "slipping" due to my sudden need for some ice cream... :wink:

masschaoz said:
u shd change ur clutch b4 going for dyno tune.. can try exedy twin plate.. quite cheap.. ST selling at 1.9k only i think..

errr....1.9k is not cheap to me leh :oops:
still have to save abit before can just get it :roll:

masschaoz

speckie1 said:
masschaoz said:

errr....1.9k is not cheap to me leh :oops:
still have to save abit before can just get it :roll:
comparing to the rest of the twin plates la... hehe..