Boost Setting

Hi there, does anyone knows the limits of boosting on a EVO X?
Or what do you guys set on now?
The reading I get on my defi is 1.7bar but might be spiked. So What is the stock boost setting?

Please help with this issue as I going to fix my boost controller soon. Dun wanna overboost :)

Thanks alot.

edwardzz

Hi Bro, fyi
Depend what you wanna set. My ride, I set 1.2 Bar for low and 1.5 Bar (you can set to 1.7 Bar MAX But risky) for high. :D

whosthere said:
The reading I get on my defi is 1.7bar but might be spiked. So What is the stock boost setting?

Please help with this issue as I going to fix my boost controller soon. Dun wanna overboost :)

Thanks alot.

mike1304k

Me also boosting 1.1 bar for low and 1.5 bar for high, but lately, my EVC5 has been acting up and the boost is not constant anymore. sob sob sob.

Thanks a million. So can I safely say that the stock boost is in between? Did you go for tuning or only install the Boost controller?
Sorry this is my first time owning a performance car. Still learning.

edwardzz said:
Hi Bro, fyi
Depend what you wanna set. My ride, I set 1.2 Bar for low and 1.5 Bar (you can set to 1.7 Bar MAX But risky) for high. :D

whosthere said:

Thanks alot.

edwardzz

Well.... BC can b set before or after tuned, so no worries abt it.
my car is STOCK. :D

whosthere said:
Thanks a million. So can I safely say that the stock boost is in between? Did you go for tuning or only install the Boost controller?

Thanks :) I think i will go with you setting. Any workshop u recommend to fix it? I already got the unit lying at home for some time. But no time to install. Collect dust liao. Now got angbao $$ so decided to go install.

edwardzz said:
Well.... BC can b set before or after tuned, so no worries abt it.
my car is STOCK. :D

whosthere said:

edwardzz

Any workshop that know how to install BC will do.
:lol:
whosthere said:
Thanks :) I think i will go with you setting. Any workshop u recommend to fix it? I already got the unit lying at home for some time. But no time to install. Collect dust liao. Now got angbao $$ so decided to go install.

viperdrv

whosthere said:

Thanks alot.
Stock boost is 1.7bar tapering to 0.9bar at 7000rpms ..
So depends on what you're after ..

set it too high and you get check engine light ..
set it too low and you might as well don't put a boost controller ..

For this car .. it's not worth installing a boost controller ..
in fact .. for this car .. alot of things are not worth installing ..

edwardzz

bro
even ecutec also cant lift the stock 1.7 bar tapping to prevent check light issue?

viperdrv said:
Stock boost is 1.7bar tapering to 0.9bar at 7000rpms ..
So depends on what you're after ..

set it too high and you get check engine light ..
set it too low and you might as well don't put a boost controller ..

For this car .. it's not worth installing a boost controller ..
in fact .. for this car .. alot of things are not worth installing ..

viperdrv

edwardzz said:
bro
even ecutec also cant lift the stock 1.7 bar tapping to prevent check light issue?
Yes you can .. but if you tune .. why put boost controller then ?
The stock ECU can do that nicer than any boost controller can do it ..

And I have the option to select which gear to have high boost or low boost ..

edwardzz

well..it up to individual in the option they perfer and there is no right or wrong here :wink:

viperdrv said:

burnings

edwardzz said:
well..it up to individual in the option they perfer and there is no right or wrong here :wink:

viperdrv said:

From my own trial and testing, I find that the max boost you can go is 1.2 without encountering check light. From 1.4 to 1.7 you will hit check light at either part throttle at 4th, 5th gear or high speed at 5th gear WOT.

I have tried raising the boost limit, boost offset, torque limiter and airflow check but still hit the check light :(

Stock solenoid bypassing the boost controller can already bring your boost to 1.2 - 1.3 and you will never hit the check light issue at sacrificing of some pickup.

viperdrv

edwardzz said:
It is definitely wrong .. you don't need to waste money like that

It's better to say NEED or WANT .. do you need it or do you want it .. :D

A

Anonymous

burnings said:
edwardzz said:

viperdrv said:

From my own trial and testing, I find that the max boost you can go is 1.2 without encountering check light. From 1.4 to 1.7 you will hit check light at either part throttle at 4th, 5th gear or high speed at 5th gear WOT.

I have tried raising the boost limit, boost offset, torque limiter and airflow check but still hit the check light :(

Stock solenoid bypassing the boost controller can already bring your boost to 1.2 - 1.3 and you will never hit the check light issue at sacrificing of some pickup.

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but my car has been having this issue as well, especially at night. It's gotten quite bad, I cannot go 5mins of spirited driving without hitting limp mode.

I've tried to recreate the problem in the day, but it doesn't happen as often in warmer weather so I cannot demonstrate it to my tuner.

I've tried looking across all the forums, it seems to be a common problem but I can't find any answers. Any of you bros have encountered this before? How did you overcome it?

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but my car has been having this issue as well, especially at night. It's gotten quite bad, I cannot go 5mins of spirited driving without hitting limp mode.

I've tried to recreate the problem in the day, but it doesn't happen as often in warmer weather so I cannot demonstrate it to my tuner.

I've tried looking across all the forums, it seems to be a common problem but I can't find any answers. Any of you bros have encountered this before? How did you overcome it?[/quote]

There are some tables in the ecu which u have to raise the limits
Which tuning software are you on? To get a consistent perfect boost curve regardless of weather/temperature i would suggest a 3 port boost soleniod based on stock ecu control. It gives u the option for rpm/speed/gear based boost