Back to Endless again

DoggieHowser

Staff member
Just picked up the car from Sam.

The bleeding was done very very well, so you can feel the brakes snap into action even with the gentlest of prod. I know some people prefer a more progressive feel for better modulation but I am super kiasee so this is great for me.

Gotta admit, the new CCX pads take some getting used to. I think GR gave me CCA last time around which started biting from cold, but I felt seemed to fade a little as I got the car warmed up. The CCX takes a bit of warming up to do before they can do their magic but once warmed up, it does feel very very reassuring.

I must remind myself to go easy in the mornings. Which is OK since I need to let the car warm up anyway.

Overall, confidence level with the new brakes is very very good.

As for TWR, I guess in its defense:
a. it fits most of the available 17" rims even the stock Evo 8/9 ones
b. it is very light
c. it is more progressive (for those who prefer it)

Will post more once I get the car onto the track.

Can't wait for the 16th!!

:p

Privateer

I'm now on CCX as well and my review is similar... cold performance is slightly below average. But once it gets heated up, the bite is good, car feels planted when decelerating hard even with light pedal pressure.

DoggieHowser

Staff member
Privateer said:
I'm now on CCX as well and my review is similar... cold performance is slightly below average. But once it gets heated up, the bite is good, car feels planted when decelerating hard even with light pedal pressure.
Are yr tyres smoking out!??

DoggieHowser said:

The bleeding was done very very well, so you can feel the brakes snap into action even with the gentlest of prod. I know some people prefer a more progressive feel for better modulation but I am super kiasee so this is great for me.

Gotta admit, the new CCX pads take some getting used to. I think GR gave me CCA last time around which started biting from cold, but I felt seemed to fade a little as I got the car warmed up. The CCX takes a bit of warming up to do before they can do their magic but once warmed up, it does feel very very reassuring.

I must remind myself to go easy in the mornings. Which is OK since I need to let the car warm up anyway.

b. it is very light

So when you selling them?> Many of us waiting ....... next parachute for u sir doggie?

DoggieHowser

Staff member
Just some comments after bedding in.

Cold start now poses less of a problem. Bite is definitely better than when I first got the car.

Overall, I feel much more confident about these brakes. To be honest, it's made me now look at new tyres to match since the braking power needs to be complemented with good grip tyres as well.

DoggieHowser said:
Just some comments after bedding in.

Cold start now poses less of a problem. Bite is definitely better than when I first got the car.

Overall, I feel much more confident about these brakes. To be honest, it's made me now look at new tyres to match since the braking power needs to be complemented with good grip tyres as well.
den with new tyres need new rims oso :p

DoggieHowser

Staff member
DarrenLoi said:
saw BK at MB today... nice endless brakes!! i could only afford the pads though :lol:
How was the pads? You using CCX as well?

Remember to take some time to bed in before you drive off.

Feels pretty good now though once in a while I still get caught off guard by the initial cold feel.

Strangezz

axl said:
WHAT RIMS DID BK CHANGE TO NOW??

(Sorry for the all-caps... I'm THAT excited! :evil:)
If BK has taste, it would be Advan RG-II! :wink:

If BK has extremely good taste, it would be CHROME advan RG-II! :D

strangezz said:
axl said:
WHAT RIMS DID BK CHANGE TO NOW??

(Sorry for the all-caps... I'm THAT excited! :evil:)
If BK has taste, it would be Advan RG-II! :wink:

If BK has extremely good taste, it would be CHROME advan RG-II! :D
IF BK IS BLIND OR DUMB It will be CHROME advan RGII lol !!!

kai3323

DoggieHowser said:

b. it is very light

.............ENDLESS MODS????:D