Argggh.. Waste $$

#4
masschaoz said:
Bought my ralliart ECU for my 9 GSR at $1700..

Now Creative Sports having clearance at $1400.. Damn... waste $$..
Care to share the "experience " U have on the Ralliart ECU? How good is it? I know it is just "plug & play". In term of power delivery, does it really improve tremedously?
320Bhp obtained just like that even on stock without any other "hardware"? hmm.. I'm quite keen... :?
 

Pikachu

Active Member
#7
masschaoz said:
Bought my ralliart ECU for my 9 GSR at $1700..

Now Creative Sports having clearance at $1400.. Damn... waste $$..
Huh?????.......I thought you were going with the Autronic?????
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#8
Tanzy said:
Then it will probably kill you to know that brand new E9 GSRs are going for $118,000. :roll:
haha.. 118,000 ah?? ok la.. if PI one it wont kill me la.. but if C&C sell at that price, it wld kill me... haha... dun make sense also leh.. omv 40+k car sell 118k...
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#9
Pikachu said:
masschaoz said:
Bought my ralliart ECU for my 9 GSR at $1700..

Now Creative Sports having clearance at $1400.. Damn... waste $$..
Huh?????.......I thought you were going with the Autronic?????
not yet la.. u think i print $$ ah.. i still need to change exos, intake, intercooler and clutch.. heh.. the exos coming right up..
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#10
Turboburner said:
masschaoz said:
Bought my ralliart ECU for my 9 GSR at $1700..

Now Creative Sports having clearance at $1400.. Damn... waste $$..
Care to share the "experience " U have on the Ralliart ECU? How good is it? I know it is just "plug & play". In term of power delivery, does it really improve tremedously?
320Bhp obtained just like that even on stock without any other "hardware"? hmm.. I'm quite keen... :?
if u ask me.. its sufficient for street use.. but without the other ralliart stuff, pretty sure it wont give 320 cos i went to dyno mine.. though accuracy is debatable.. torque is tremendously high but also debatable..you know la.. dyno figures.. need to go ST dyno to verify the gains.. cos i did the second dyno on dynopack..while i did a stock run at ST.
 
#11
masschaoz said:
Tanzy said:
Then it will probably kill you to know that brand new E9 GSRs are going for $118,000. :roll:
haha.. 118,000 ah?? ok la.. if PI one it wont kill me la.. but if C&C sell at that price, it wld kill me... haha... dun make sense also leh.. omv 40+k car sell 118k...
I think same lah...once your warranty over and you want to sell your C&C E9, the buyer will also whack you with the low PI price. What's your C&C OMV btw?
 
#12
masschaoz said:
though accuracy is debatable.. torque is tremendously high but also debatable..you know la.. dyno figures.. need to go ST dyno to verify the gains.. cos i did the second dyno on dynopack..while i did a stock run at ST.
I think its impt to note that even though ST's figures tend to be lower, it doesn't mean that its more accurate. Overly high or low figures are equally inaccurate so I see no reason why one should be preferred over the other :) Like what many laojiaos here said in the past, just take dyno figures as a reference point for your future mods can liao. Sometimes, even though certain dyno operators like to use high TCF, I still prefer to use them because ultimately, there's alot more useful data from other Evos to compare mine against. I went to ST for a dyno early last year after running in my E9 and I saw a 20+bhp reduction in the reading in between the 3 runs after certain parameters were adjusted for 'accuracy'. :roll:

If you wanna compare your figures there, you got to make sure the parameters used are the same as your baseline session. For the dynapacks, I like to use uncorrected WHP and engine torque figures to do comparisons. If you use wheel torque figures, it will be very high for some reason. Engine torque figures look more realistic to me :D
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#13
evolvix said:
masschaoz said:
Tanzy said:
Then it will probably kill you to know that brand new E9 GSRs are going for $118,000. :roll:
haha.. 118,000 ah?? ok la.. if PI one it wont kill me la.. but if C&C sell at that price, it wld kill me... haha... dun make sense also leh.. omv 40+k car sell 118k...
I think same lah...once your warranty over and you want to sell your C&C E9, the buyer will also whack you with the low PI price. What's your C&C OMV btw?
My omv also not high.. abt 45+k only..
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#14
evolvix said:
masschaoz said:
though accuracy is debatable.. torque is tremendously high but also debatable..you know la.. dyno figures.. need to go ST dyno to verify the gains.. cos i did the second dyno on dynopack..while i did a stock run at ST.
I think its impt to note that even though ST's figures tend to be lower, it doesn't mean that its more accurate. Overly high or low figures are equally inaccurate so I see no reason why one should be preferred over the other :) Like what many laojiaos here said in the past, just take dyno figures as a reference point for your future mods can liao. Sometimes, even though certain dyno operators like to use high TCF, I still prefer to use them because ultimately, there's alot more useful data from other Evos to compare mine against. I went to ST for a dyno early last year after running in my E9 and I saw a 20+bhp reduction in the reading in between the 3 runs after certain parameters were adjusted for 'accuracy'. :roll:

If you wanna compare your figures there, you got to make sure the parameters used are the same as your baseline session. For the dynapacks, I like to use uncorrected WHP and engine torque figures to do comparisons. If you use wheel torque figures, it will be very high for some reason. Engine torque figures look more realistic to me :D
yeah.. it doesn't really bother me la..juz sometmes curious.. to knwo the increments from baseline..
 
#17
Zephyr said:
Tanzy said:
Then it will probably kill you to know that brand new E9 GSRs are going for $118,000. :roll:
$118,000??? You can say that again with confirm source. I will go kill myself........
wah...sekali really got 118K.....from dunno which PI....

i guess u can sell ur ride already..hahaha...
:shock:
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#18
godane79 said:
Zephyr said:
Tanzy said:
Then it will probably kill you to know that brand new E9 GSRs are going for $118,000. :roll:
$118,000??? You can say that again with confirm source. I will go kill myself........
wah...sekali really got 118K.....from dunno which PI....

i guess u can sell ur ride already..hahaha...
:shock:
pricing is so low most prob is becos they r clearing stock.. i saw a blue E9 being displayed under the sun for a few months. Chuan Motors PI the one along changi road there..

but seriously, the true value of GSR cant be so low.. the ayc alone costs a bomb alredi..coe only dropped abt 10k compared to prev levels.. parf wise its still 55% i wldn't mind getting at such a low price myself but from PI.. i would be really afraid.. their source of the cars are not from factory direct..

End of the day, we got our GSRs.. who cares what price it is now.. hehe...Juz enjoy the ride!
 

Similar threads