Any LTA approved exhausts for the EVO X yet?

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Chriz4.

Heehee, just trying to plan my mods. Never say going to mod leh... :oops:

Anyway, am looking at Kakimoto exhaust but I am not sure if it has already been approved or not. Probably will drop by GR one of these days to take a look...

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Chriz4. I saw the photos of your ride, very nice! Maybe we can meet up one of these days for more poison. Heehee..

chriz4

Tks evoadmin. My car will be in Carma May issue Zoom section. They said the pics turned out great.

Hope to join you all at the meetups to be "poisioned".

Evoadmin...Your car haven't run it yet! :x :p :roll:

But I guess you'll need to do this + the intake, before going for tuning...If not, have to retune again... :twisted: :wink:

CountDooku

Staff member
evoadmin said:
CountDokoo said:
Anyone knows who brings in kakimoto exhaust in SG? Would love to purchase their JASMA approved exhausts for the X.

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/image_M21328.html
Hey bro, this is the model I'm looking at as well. I believe GarageR brings in Kakimoto but I am not sure if this has been LTA certified yet. PM me if you intend to get together from GR. :)
im actually in the market for a full system street legal exhaust but i guess for now the Kakimoto one seems to be the best choice. The HKS one is disappointing and i can only hope the one from Fujitsubo is better..

any exhaust that has a JASMA certification in japan shouldnt have much of a problem getting pass LTA certification locally. i'll ask about the kakimoto the next time i drop by GR :)

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
CountDokoo said:
im actually in the market for a full system street legal exhaust but i guess for now the Kakimoto one seems to be the best choice. The HKS one is disappointing and i can only hope the one from Fujitsubo is better..

any exhaust that has a JASMA certification in japan shouldnt have much of a problem getting pass LTA certification locally. i'll ask about the kakimoto the next time i drop by GR :)
Yup, please let us know if you have any news from GR. Thanks. :)

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
Just called GR. Was told over the phone that the Kakimoto for the EVO X is not LTA approved yet because they haven't send it for testing yet.

HKS cost $1380.

FYI.

CountDooku

Staff member
Just read the latest hotstuff...

Gan Motorsports bringing in the Trust PE2 stainless steel exhaust for the 10.. on magazine put early may but i called and they said will only be in late may and will retail for $1750. No solid pics of the exhaust but here's a pic of the generic PE2.

PE 2

looks like PE2 doesnt come with the complete extractor unit like their PE TI-R units..

PE TI-R

on magazine gan also advertised bringing in kakimoto exhausts so i called to ask about one for the X but they said they wont bring in coz too expensive? wtf? :|
They have ARC induction box, aluminium intake pipe and intercooler pipe coming in this week too for those interested. Again, they're not bringing in ARC exhaust cause too expensive... wtf!?

I still think the Kakimoto exhaust looks real solid but only thing is, who will bring it in?

CountDooku

Staff member
evoadmin said:
Just called GR. Was told over the phone that the Kakimoto for the EVO X is not LTA approved yet because they haven't send it for testing yet.

HKS cost $1380.

FYI.
If GR can bring in the Kakimoto exhaust, i think LTA approval shouldnt be a problem as its JASMA approved in Japan. I got a feeling we can be looking at 2.2k or more for the kakimoto one however coz that's the price Gan retails their kakimoto exhausts.

Either way, it should be money well spent. HKS exhaust for now is a big disappointment. Not only does it sound stock, it replaces the stock silencer unit with a HKS one.. I'll save my $1380 and top up another 1k for a better sounding and performing unit anytime. :| It does look cool though with those purplish burnt tips.

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I don't mind the HKS because I don't want an exhaust that is too loud. But I am not sure about the performance compared to Kakimoto as the HKS is only an axel-back compared to a cat-back exhaust. So far I also think Kakimoto is the best for us right now.

As for Trust, it's only single tip that's why I don't quite like it... :oops:

Kakimoto Exhaust

HKS

mike1304k

Hi Guys,

I haven't even gotten my ride yet, however I am very interested in changing mufflers as soon as the car is run in. However, I have a few newbie questions and I do hope for your patience if it sounds stupid. I had a look at the Kakimoto and also the HKS pics and I do agree that the Kakimoto is much "fiercer".

However, with both, I do notice that the bends are pretty bad at 90 degress for the HKS and almost 90 degrees for the Kakimoto. Would we not prefer the pipes to be as straight as possible? An the bends to be as slight as possible?

Please forgive me if I sound too much like a noob.

Cheers,

Mike

silvermail

Administrator
Staff member
mike1304k said:
Hi Guys,

I haven't even gotten my ride yet, however I am very interested in changing mufflers as soon as the car is run in. However, I have a few newbie questions and I do hope for your patience if it sounds stupid. I had a look at the Kakimoto and also the HKS pics and I do agree that the Kakimoto is much "fiercer".

However, with both, I do notice that the bends are pretty bad at 90 degress for the HKS and almost 90 degrees for the Kakimoto. Would we not prefer the pipes to be as straight as possible? An the bends to be as slight as possible?

Please forgive me if I sound too much like a noob.

Cheers,

Mike
Hey bro, your questions certainly do not sound stupid. I'm also not sure why they bend it like that, but it could be to "retain" some of the back pressure? Kakimoto also has a single tip for the EVO X. Photos below.