Any bros here got their ride from a PI ??

merpholos

How long did you all waited ? Pls advice if date of delivery is not met..

Thanks! Your advice would be greatly appreciated :wink:

EMVOR

Ya... ordered from PI as well and apparently they also cannot deliver within the 2 months they stated in the sales agreement. Anyone can advise what course of action we can take against the PI??

re,

I had a similar experience 2 years ago at AML. That PI compensated 2 X of my deposit which was $2k. however, this was drafted on my deposit receipt.

Subsequently i realised that the PI managed to sell the same new car $3.5k higher to another buyer...

:twisted:

merpholos

EMVOR said:
Ya... ordered from PI as well and apparently they also cannot deliver within the 2 months they stated in the sales agreement. Anyone can advise what course of action we can take against the PI??

Bro, are you still waiting for your ride ?? I also waited for an unbearable 2 months.. :( Don't mind pm which PI you getting from ?

merpholos said:

No need to wait, put deposit, 1 day after next COE result get car liao
from PI, impt to get from good PI

Re: pi

Jessvolution MR said:
can pm me the pi name too?? i hope mine will not be the same one..... i'm still waiting too... :x
Get from Vincar or Leco, both of these PI's process fast n reliable.

I PMed u their contact no.

merpholos

Re: pi

9MR said:
Jessvolution MR said:
can pm me the pi name too?? i hope mine will not be the same one..... i'm still waiting too... :x
Get from Vincar or Leco, both of these PI's process fast n reliable.

I PMed u their contact no.
You sure bro ? I've got punked twice by one of them..

The PI I bought from actually told me that even if they do not deliver on time there is nothing I can do to them. When I said I could post stuff on the forums they told me to watch my warranty as it depends on them. Its a very dirty game.

Is it actually cheaper if we import a car ourselves? Anyone know the procedures? I heard a friend of mine imported an EVO8MR for only 70K 6 months back.

merpholos

Tedric said:
The PI I bought from actually told me that even if they do not deliver on time there is nothing I can do to them. When I said I could post stuff on the forums they told me to watch my warranty as it depends on them. Its a very dirty game.

Is it actually cheaper if we import a car ourselves? Anyone know the procedures? I heard a friend of mine imported an EVO8MR for only 70K 6 months back.
Yeah true.. My SE told me that also.. *Suck Thumb* "post stuffs" meaning discriminate ? Hmm.. Did your fren got a new 8MR or a 2nd hand 1 ? Or maybe it's due to the decline of yen in the forex..

Strangezz

Tedric said:

The savings you make is just the mark-up which the PIs and for that matter, the authorised dealers put on the cars. So if they mark-up by 5k you save 5k, if they mark up by 50k then you save 50k!

Other than that, all other costs are quite open like Import Tax(depending on how much you declare your OMV, shipping costs, COE etc etc. I think One-Motoring website has a DIY guide to importing a vehicle or at least a FAQ.

Unlikely your friend imported an Evo8MR into Singapore for 70k only unless his OMV is only around 25k.

Jessvolution MR

strangezz said:
Tedric said:

The savings you make is just the mark-up which the PIs and for that matter, the authorised dealers put on the cars. So if they mark-up by 5k you save 5k, if they mark up by 50k then you save 50k!

Other than that, all other costs are quite open like Import Tax(depending on how much you declare your OMV, shipping costs, COE etc etc. I think One-Motoring website has a DIY guide to importing a vehicle or at least a FAQ.

Unlikely your friend imported an Evo8MR into Singapore for 70k only unless his OMV is only around 25k.
agreed....
by the way some anyone with bad pi experi... please kindly pm me their name....
but in many case, i believe pi did a good job..i have seen a lots of good service and rapid delivery..maybe some time is due to custom or manufactor itself unless they got ready stock in hand...and i myself also believe in good service= lots of sale..
however, some pi might also drag delivery time as they could cut on import cost or lower coe bidding....

merpholos

Jessvolution MR said:
strangezz said:
Tedric said:

agreed....
by the way some anyone with bad pi experi... please kindly pm me their name....
but in many case, i believe pi did a good job..i have seen a lots of good service and rapid delivery..maybe some time is due to custom or manufactor itself unless they got ready stock in hand...and i myself also believe in good service= lots of sale..
however, some pi might also drag delivery time as they could cut on import cost or lower coe bidding....

Anyway to me.. Honesty is the best policy.. I dun mind waiting.. I think nobody likes the feeling of being cheated.. Eventually it'll worsen PI's reputation.. :roll:

gadaffi

having the same prob too here...
deposit was on sept, promise me 3 months. Till now not in my hand...
they reduce the price by 2***.
good news is that, the car will b in sembawang port later or Sun.
4 months wait is a killer...
for my case, PI doent have stock so they got to wait from jap side

ta221

adawang said:
merpholos said:

No need to wait, put deposit, 1 day after next COE result get car liao
from PI, impt to get from good PI
you bought an ex-stock unit :) :D

WoOhOoOo

everyone, i also ordered one from jap, took me 3 mths of waiting and when it came, the omv is low and i calculated the pi made almost 30k from the car but wat to do?

lesson learnt is that we only buy when the car is physically in sgp. ie, buy ex-stock unit.

that is wat i will do next time, for sure.

hi

I have had 2 experiences with PI and glad to say that both have been exceedingly pleasant. A few years back, I bought an SUV from a PI, I paid deposit on 19 Dec and got the car on 24 Dec :lol:

Recently, also bought my E9MR from a PI, delivery was in less than 10 days. The key here is to ensure everything is in black and white, for my E9MR (ex stock), I insisted on fixed delivery date and Open Cat COE, both clearly stated on the sales contract.