Air con problem ....

xtc_exist

Well-Known Member
#1
my car aircon will work fine for 15-20min ...
after that , its not blowing cold air .

if engine is off and cool down ..it will work again for 15-20min ..
after that , its not blowing cold air again ..

any bro have any idea ? experience ?

any recommandation of good aircon shop i can try ?

thanks all ~ !
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#2
xtc_exist said:
my car aircon will work fine for 15-20min ...
after that , its not blowing cold air .

if engine is off and cool down ..it will work again for 15-20min ..
after that , its not blowing cold air again ..

any bro have any idea ? experience ?

any recommandation of good aircon shop i can try ?

thanks all ~ !
hey bro.. can try the workshop opp dynotechnica.. i juz did mine there.. might be aircon compressor spoilt.. or choked..

Mine was spoilt.. abt 3 yrs.. try to service the aircon first.. if dun work, most prob is aircon compressor gone case..
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#5
xtc_exist said:
exactly same symptoms? how much did u pay for compressor ...? :)
brand new cost abt 1.3k... i wld say similar symptoms.. basically cos the aircon clutch cannot engage.. compressor solenoid spoilt.. very unpredictable.. but so long as it starts to blow hot air.. its isolated to aircon gas or compressor
 

Lmodel

Well-Known Member
#6
Actually it is not common for air compressor to spoil within 3 years. The average lifespan of an air compressor should be between 5 to 8 years.

For me, I'd recommend the following as I've been with them for years. I'd say it is a honest and reputable shop that only recommend what needs to be done.

Top Cool Auto Air Conditioning
1059 Eunos Ave 3 #01-156 (beside SingPost HQ)
Tel. 67475374
Contact Person: Simon/ William
 

JudgeJules

Moderator
Staff member
#7
For normal car, yes. The aircon should last a good 6-7 years before it kaput... But I notice that a lot of sports car drivers don't turn off their aircon when they gun their car. The high rev will damage the compressor and/or the clutch.

So in future, should you decide to have a go, remember to turn off the aircon.
 

masschaoz

Well-Known Member
#8
JudgeJules said:
For normal car, yes. The aircon should last a good 6-7 years before it kaput... But I notice that a lot of sports car drivers don't turn off their aircon when they gun their car. The high rev will damage the compressor and/or the clutch.

So in future, should you decide to have a go, remember to turn off the aircon.
yeah.. ur right.. tats why my compressor kaput after 3 yrs.. i seeked second opinion on the compressor before confirming it was spoilt..hahaha...
 

xtc_exist

Well-Known Member
#9
Lmodel said:
Actually it is not common for air compressor to spoil within 3 years. The average lifespan of an air compressor should be between 5 to 8 years.

For me, I'd recommend the following as I've been with them for years. I'd say it is a honest and reputable shop that only recommend what needs to be done.

Top Cool Auto Air Conditioning
1059 Eunos Ave 3 #01-156 (beside SingPost HQ)
Tel. 67475374
Contact Person: Simon/ William
will check it out ..
actually , my mechanic rectify as the magnet inside the compressor faulty.. replace it ard 200+ .. but afterall he is not aircon specialist .. did not want to go thru trail and error .. will check out this shop (honesty is the most impt) .. thanks bro..
 

Lmodel

Well-Known Member
#10
JudgeJules said:
For normal car, yes. The aircon should last a good 6-7 years before it kaput... But I notice that a lot of sports car drivers don't turn off their aircon when they gun their car. The high rev will damage the compressor and/or the clutch.

So in future, should you decide to have a go, remember to turn off the aircon.
Ahh.... now i know the reason why u always wind down your windows! :D :D :D
 

oldman61

Active Member
#11
Lmodel said:
JudgeJules said:
For normal car, yes. The aircon should last a good 6-7 years before it kaput... But I notice that a lot of sports car drivers don't turn off their aircon when they gun their car. The high rev will damage the compressor and/or the clutch.

So in future, should you decide to have a go, remember to turn off the aircon.
Ahh.... now i know the reason why u always wind down your windows! :D :D :D
Hmm...I tot all the while his car got no window de leh? Since when his car got window lol
 

Incognito

Active Member
#12
Wow...you guys paid too much man. I got my magnets replaced by this uncle at AMK Autopoint for SGD40. It worked for a while then its dead again so compressor has to be replaced. Got that done for SGD350 including labour. Brand new OEM Mitsubishi aircon compressor..the whole piece including the pulley side. No problem ever since...
 
#13
xtc_exist said:
my car aircon will work fine for 15-20min ...
after that , its not blowing cold air .

if engine is off and cool down ..it will work again for 15-20min ..
after that , its not blowing cold air again ..

any bro have any idea ? experience ?

any recommandation of good aircon shop i can try ?

thanks all ~ !
Hi bro, heard from Incognito that u juz service yr air con...can i know where is the shop located at??wat did u do & any reviews of the shop??thank u very very much!
 
#14
Dude, can give some directions to this workshop u r talking about? Tks


Incognito said:
Wow...you guys paid too much man. I got my magnets replaced by this uncle at AMK Autopoint for SGD40. It worked for a while then its dead again so compressor has to be replaced. Got that done for SGD350 including labour. Brand new OEM Mitsubishi aircon compressor..the whole piece including the pulley side. No problem ever since...
 
#15
Mine also have the same problem but the funny thing is when the car is running for awhile in normal speed, the air-con will be back. And when driving halfway and stop at traffic lights, the rev will go as high as 1500rpm then dropped back to normal. If stationary, this abnormal revving will continue intermittently.
 
#16
prodigy69 said:
Mine also have the same problem but the funny thing is when the car is running for awhile in normal speed, the air-con will be back. And when driving halfway and stop at traffic lights, the rev will go as high as 1500rpm then dropped back to normal. If stationary, this abnormal revving will continue intermittently.


Hi prodigy69, i had a similar prob of intermittent revving as yours. checked with my mech and he said it was a dirty throttle body (or something like that...cannot really remember) . He cleaned it up for me for $40 and its been revving smoothly ever since:)

hope it helps.

cheers
 
#17
my_missus said:
prodigy69 said:
Mine also have the same problem but the funny thing is when the car is running for awhile in normal speed, the air-con will be back. And when driving halfway and stop at traffic lights, the rev will go as high as 1500rpm then dropped back to normal. If stationary, this abnormal revving will continue intermittently.


Hi prodigy69, i had a similar prob of intermittent revving as yours. checked with my mech and he said it was a dirty throttle body (or something like that...cannot really remember) . He cleaned it up for me for $40 and its been revving smoothly ever since:)

hope it helps.

cheers
Hi bro,

Really? Just cleaning the dirty throttle will do? I don't mind going for a check with him. Can recommend the mechanic to me? My car is stock btw..
 
#18
Hi bro,

i go to edge tuning at sin ming autocentre. Its on the fifth level.

I explained that i had intermittent revving and he immediately said it could be a dirty throttle body.

Had it cleaned and no more worries.


will pm you the number.

just tell them the nick with the red evo recommended you.

cheers
 

lanevo61

Active Member
#19
If your engine rev is hunting than like what missus said.

My aircon also had similiar problem after 20min or so during a hot day can't feel cold. Check that my aircon fan did not turn on after awhile. Check my PFC the sensor was not on, put back my ori ECU and it worked. Haiz need to send my PFC to repair now.
 
#20
Bros, sorry to dig up this old thread.

Smelly aircon when start engine where can I service?

My air con still very cold and strong. Only that its smelly. Also, it seems that my car don't have aircon filter.

How?!

Oh ya, am driving the ATR now.

Help! LOL..
 

Similar threads