advices needed on clutch! help.

bros. i know this maybe a very noob question to ask. i did some searching on this forums and other forums but i still couldnt find a good enough answer. pls help.

everytime i shift down gear as soon as i release the clutch, the car jerks very badly. it feels like something slaming into each other.
and also, sometimes when i move off slowly at low rpm, 1kplus, the car jerks really bad as well. anyone can help?

im using HKS twin plate btw.

oh ya, and i always tend to stall the car after using this clutch. anyone has any tips?
sometimes i could even stall like 5 to 6 times a day. will it damage anything?
im worried as sometimes i released the clutch so fast i could feel the slam from the clutch then my engine stalled.

i know, im such a noob. previously a vtec owner and recently bought a second hand e9 only. (=

masschaoz

JJOEL said:
bros. i know this maybe a very noob question to ask. i did some searching on this forums and other forums but i still couldnt find a good enough answer. pls help.

everytime i shift down gear as soon as i release the clutch, the car jerks very badly. it feels like something slaming into each other.
and also, sometimes when i move off slowly at low rpm, 1kplus, the car jerks really bad as well. anyone can help?

oh ya, and i always tend to stall the car after using this clutch. anyone has any tips?
im worried as sometimes i released the clutch so fast i could feel the slam from the clutch then my engine stalled.

i know, im such a noob. previously a vtec owner and recently bought a second hand e9 only. (=
think ur clutch something wrong.. downshift shd not jerk badly.. u got try rev matching and before shifting down? i used a couple of twin plates.. understand that for HKS need to rev more cos no biting pt..

masschaoz said:
JJOEL said:

think ur clutch something wrong.. downshift shd not jerk badly.. u got try rev matching and before shifting down? i used a couple of twin plates.. understand that for HKS need to rev more cos no biting pt..
as in i have to keep my rev high to avoid the jerk?
say im at a higher rev, i shift down, release the clutch at a low rev range, the car will jerk?

masschaoz

JJOEL said:
masschaoz said:
JJOEL said:

as in i have to keep my rev high to avoid the jerk?
say im at a higher rev, i shift down, release the clutch at a low rev range, the car will jerk?
ya.. it will jerk most probably

bro..i on hks twin plate as well..but move off for me is still ok..juz that have to rev abit..as for the dropping of gear..same situation as u..but i managed to control by reving abit b4 release..high speed is ok..low speed have to..from wat i noe is that the flywheel has been eaten as repad quite a few times leh..it either skimmed or change the whole set new..

I am on this clutch too. Move off at 1k plus RPM will not get the car going unless you are damn accurate at getting the biting point cos the biting point is small. You will also get the moaning sound when move off. Down shift to low gear will cos some jerking. The biting point is damn high for this clutch..dont know why? When I got the car, was told that the clutch is wearing out..blah blah blah by the work shop. Been using daily for 6 months and 2 track days clutch is still fine. Hope it will last :D

valliem said:
I am on this clutch too. Move off at 1k plus RPM will not get the car going unless you are damn accurate at getting the biting point cos the biting point is small. You will also get the moaning sound when move off. Down shift to low gear will cos some jerking. The biting point is damn high for this clutch..dont know why? When I got the car, was told that the clutch is wearing out..blah blah blah by the work shop. Been using daily for 6 months and 2 track days clutch is still fine. Hope it will last :D
hi everyone i just bought my evo as well was previously a vtec owner so i have a lot to learn from the bros as well.. as my e9 is a 2nd hand as well so at first when i bought the car i also noticed that the biting point for the car was quite high ... i almost have to release the clutch fully before i could feel the biting point...is this normal? reason why i am asking this question is becos i know if the biting point is high it is a sign of clutch wear off...but i was wondering whether there is any other sign as well for wearing off of clutch?

JJOEL said:

Normal bro. I am on the HKS twin plate too. Biting pt damn small so hve to rev abit more..than occasionally got moaning sounds (as 1 bro mentioned) when moving off. rugged but soounds like old car at times. Downshift to need to rev match else car will jerk pretty violently.

evorx78 said:
valliem said:
hi everyone i just bought my evo as well was previously a vtec owner so i have a lot to learn from the bros as well.. as my e9 is a 2nd hand as well so at first when i bought the car i also noticed that the biting point for the car was quite high ... i almost have to release the clutch fully before i could feel the biting point...is this normal? reason why i am asking this question is becos i know if the biting point is high it is a sign of clutch wear off...but i was wondering whether there is any other sign as well for wearing off of clutch?
high 5 bro! haha. both cars feels totally different. the e9 feels so aggressive, ready to pounce anytime! i was driving the civic fd, cruising feels better than the evo. however, ive made my choice alr, i sacrificed comfort for performance. (=

anyways, thanks to all bros for the response. really appreciate it. i got plenty more to learn.

another thing, say if i the car violently jerks frequently, will i damage anything?

You can adjust the clutch lower and see if the biting point gets higher, if it does then it's wearing out. Other way is to go about 50km/h on on hill and put to 5th gear and floor the accelerator. If the car just chugged a bit with out the clutch slipping then it good. If the clutch slips while doing this then it's wearing out. Don't ride the clutch and don't try to hold the car on slopes and it will last. Just use your handbrake. I have gone past ppl staring at me if I stall the car (having aggresive cams didn't help) haha. Dun worry about ppl thinking that you can't drive for nuts. :D

evorx78 said:
valliem said:

Its normal, racing clutch are super hard to find the biting point.. Just rev abit higher than normal and you will used to the biting point after some time.. Down shift make rev match like what all bros said.. otherwise will jerk like crazy..

You will love to appreciate the clutch when high boost and it holds like glue rather than slipping cltuch..